Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone here Swage (make) their own projectiles?

Utah Shooter

the castboolits forum is where you need to go. there is a guy there with the screenname of BTSniper. He has been really gung ho within the past year about making presses, dies, etc.

I can get .308 projectiles for 11 cents each, so I never considered swaging seriously.

there used to be a bulletsmiths.com forums that I stumbled upon. I wish I had right clicked saved every picture on that website. there were guys there who were taking copper strip, running it through a Corbin hydraulic press to stamp out "coins". then using lead wire cut to the right length to make cores, then drawing the coins into jackets, stuffing them with cores, then putting an ogive and a point on them.

the castboolits forum is where you need to go. there is a guy there with the screenname of BTSniper. He has been really gung ho within the past year about making presses, dies, etc.

I can get .308 projectiles for 11 cents each, so I never considered swaging seriously.

there used to be a bulletsmiths.com forums that I stumbled upon. I wish I had right clicked saved every picture on that website. there were guys there who were taking copper strip, running it through a Corbin hydraulic press to stamp out "coins". then using lead wire cut to the right length to make cores, then drawing the coins into jackets, stuffing them with cores, then putting an ogive and a point on them.

Yup I frequent there a lot. Just curious if anyone here does this?

I have the BT dies for making .40 & .44 bullets. I also have a set of dies for making .458 bullets out of .45 ACP cases which I use mainly for my .458 SOCOM but I also shoot them in my .460 Weatherby.

Neal in AZ

I use my .458 die to make light (too light for the SOCOM) bullets out of .40 cases and then run them through a Lee sizing die and cannelure them and shoot them in my .45 ACP revolvers and in .45 Colt. With the big HP pin they turn out HP's with a big cavity. You can see in the pics of some loaded in .45 ACP cases for my 1955 Target.

Neal in AZ

post-922-0-31533300-1329415674_thumb.jpg

post-922-0-33824900-1329415707_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a set of CH4D dies for 10mm JHP for a few years now. Haven't done much lately but they are neat to use. I've got the jacket making die for .223 bullets from RCE, but no press to go with it, so it's on the back burner.