Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

about "El Presidente"

Rosshooting

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Johnny Lim's fault. He's thrown down the gauntlet for a sub 3 second El Pres!

The best on that so far is 2.95 down 4 with my Open gun. With this, the turn and spotting the first target are huge, but my big fumble is usually the reload. Got to hit it and go!

Rich

It's Johnny Lim's fault. He's thrown down the gauntlet for a sub 3 second El Pres!

The best on that so far is 2.95 down 4 with my Open gun. With this, the turn and spotting the first target are huge, but my big fumble is usually the reload. Got to hit it and go!

Rich

Huh, what......

Hell, I don't even think that fast. :blink:

Mid fives reliably with a CZ 75B with a low five on occasion. I don't practice them very often. I suppose bragging rights to a superhuman run is kind of cool, but I am more interested in par times cold and on demand.

A one second turning draw, one second reload, .12 splits, and .12 transitions would add up to 3.2 seconds. I would think that would be fairly decent. <_<

A good drill to work on is Hammer Time:

8 targets in a semi-circle about 7-10 yards down range with a no-shoot between groups of four. Facing up range, gun loaded and holstered, wrists above shoulders, turn and draw firing two on targets 1-4, make a mandatory reload, then firing two each on T5-8. Par time: 6 seconds.

Other than that and doing some range time, good, solid and aggressive dry firing helps out tremendously. Try Steve Anderson's book. It's really helping me out. Just have to get better at my reloads. <_< Range time is key. You have to practice pulling the trigger fast. It's just that simple. It's like standards. They're not a whole lot of fun, but you have to do them. Bill Drills at various distances are great too.

Rich

I would like to respectfully request some video of a 2.95 El Prez.....with hits. If it comes through, I'll start practicing again!

BTW, I pulled off a 4.31 down 2 with my duty rig, duty gun, etc. in a demo....with a witness (JLJ).

2.95..... :huh:

A 2.......what????? Ummmm, this I have got to see.

And yes I was there to see the duty rig work at it's best. It was pretty nice. The fastest I've done with a duty rig during a demo was a 5.05 down 1. A 4.73 down 3 is my best in a match with my limited gear.

JLJ

Wow..

3.00 equals:

.75 turn-n-draw

.15 split

.15 transition

.15 split

.15 transition

.15 split

.75 reload

.15 split

.15 transition

.15 split

.15 transition

.15 split

Smokin...

Something.

:P

Open, I'd say anything 4.5 and under, with at least 55 points is doing real well.

Limited/L10, 5 and under, with at least 55 points.

Prod, 5.5 and under, with at least 56 points is sweet.

Revolver, if you can hit it under 6.5 with 55 points, you are doin real well.

Just estimates from memory.

My personal best (off the top of my head) in Prod is around 5.25 with 54 points.

usc,

If you did an el prez in 2.95 with 56 points, you should absolutely cream everyone at nationals this year...and every other major match for that matter.

Produce a video and an eye witness and I might believe that one. <_<

production hit factors nationally are based on a 5% reduction of the Limited high hit factor and for El Prez limited is 10.8 minus 5% gives you a high hit factor of 10.26 for production. 5.5 seconds down five is about a 97% for production.

The Vice Presidente (no turn and targets at 7 yards) I have seen done down around 3 flat, but a full on El Prez with targets at 10 yards is another story entirely. Jake is right on the money with his assessments and Steve’s performance on video is about as good as it’s gonna get. Man, that‘s smokin’, Steve. Yowza! :o

Well I remember the El Prez challenge sponsored by Gungames a few years back. The goal there was a sub 3.95 all a's. It was shot at both the Canadaian and US Nationals. At the Canadians anyone could try...no-one did it. At the US Nationals the top 16 got to shoot it on the shootoff day. Again, not only did no-one do it, but no-one could hang all the hits on the target. I think the closest was probably Matt Burkett with one miss.

In reality world, anything near in 4's would be a kick ass run, and a sub 4 is smoking. I think Leatham has pulled some mid to high 3's and I suspect Todd and that French kid could be there too.

Now some people were arguing on my thread earlier that a shooter could have a "run of his lifetime" and do something 50% faster than other good shooters.

Again Please.

That would equate to a 2 second El Prez

Does not compute but let's see video and I will see the light :unsure:

Well I remember the El Prez challenge sponsored by Gungames a few years back. The goal there was a sub 3.95 all a's. It was shot at both the Canadaian and US Nationals. At the Canadians anyone could try...no-one did it. At the US Nationals the top 16 got to shoot it on the shootoff day. Again, not only did no-one do it, but no-one could hang all the hits on the target. I think the closest was probably Matt Burkett with one miss.

In reality world, anything near in 4's would be a kick ass run, and a sub 4 is smoking. I think Leatham has pulled some mid to high 3's and I suspect Todd and that French kid could be there too.

I ran the El Prez Challenge at the US Nationals. The goal was a hit factor of 15.0000, which, IIRC, roughly translates to a 3.95 second run with all A's. During the week I talked to most of the big boys and they were split 50/50 on whether or not it was possible. Most of them said they could do it occasionally in practice, but it would be very difficult to do on demand. No one even came close. The highest hit factor was by Doug Koenig with a 12.++ something. I think he was the only one without a miss.

A 2.95 second run with no misses??? I don't think so.

Arnie

I hereby formally request that whenever anyone starts a thread about the El Prez, we get a definition of what exactly we're talking about. I never know what El Prez is under discussion...there are so many versions.

The 'real' version, as far as I know, is 10 yards, 3 yards between targets (shoulder to shoulder), concealed, surrender, turning draw.

I don't think that's what we're talking about here...

- Gabe

PS: I'd love to see a vid of a 3.95 down 3 with a G19...