Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movies that I should be embarassed to like

EricW

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 years later...

Oh Man, just found this thread and read it through! :cheers: Now I need to reafirm why I love this forum so much, I saw quite a few of my favorite movies in this list

Caveman, Hot Dog, The Princess Bride, Weird Science, Siverado, Revenge of the Nerds, The Gods must be Crazy, and Better off Dead.

Add a couple more

One Crazy Summer - "I know Dow.....The chemical compoany that makes Mace" :devil: (Another John Cussac)

Real Genius - Val Kilmer did a great job as a teenage genius with burn-out

Well, You've Got Mail, is one that I really like, that is a real chick flick. Another is As Good As It Gets. Then there is Crossing Delancy, Mystic Pizza, Dog Fight, Family Man, On Golden Pond, anything with Doris Day, and of course Annie Hall, Hannah And Her Sisters, Radio Days, and most but not all of Woody Allen's films.

Mostly I like documentaries, though I'm not fond of "Somebody that we don't need to talk about on the SHOOTING forum" at all. I also like cop drama movies, but the above is what I'm embarassed to admit to my friends. I think I will have to go wash myself now. I feel dirty.

JZ

Well, You've Got Mail, is one that I really like, that is a real chick flick. Another is As Good As It Gets. Then there is Crossing Delancy, Mystic Pizza, Dog Fight, Family Man, On Golden Pond, anything with Doris Day, and of course Annie Hall, Hannah And Her Sisters, Radio Days, and most but not all of Woody Allen's films.

You are male, right?

There you go, bustin my pelotas. I AM embarassed to like them, but do anyway. :(

Don't be embarrassed...but don't let the significant other know or you'll never get to watch anything else.

What A Girl Wants ...with Kelly "Do you think I waited 17 years for an apology?" Preston as Amanda Bynes mom.

Message In A Bottle ...It should already embarrass me to be liking anything Kevin Costner is in, But Robin Wright is definitely the better half of the Penn family.

Edited by gino_aki

For me it's Almost Famous. When William loses his virginity to three girls, then the next morning gets treated like a servant, obviously he meant nothing to them but a night's fun, then the interview he can't get blows him off - again - he's miles from home, alone, confused, scared, overwhelmed, used and abused, and he sits in the hotel corridor and begins to cry....God, I was dying right along with him. I felt for that kid. It's the sort of moment that gets down inside your guts and twists that only the best of filmmakers could ever pull off.

GREAT movie. I also like Say Anything.

Bring It On is a fun flick. I especially like the scene where we get to see Missy in her Toros outfit for the first time. In the director's commentary track, Peyton Reed said, "In this scene I was originally going to have a lot of dialogue, where Missy talks about what it means to her to be a cheerleader. But then I realized, there is nothing we could possibly say that's going to have the impact of Eliza Dushku dancing around in a little cheerleader outfit."

The Princess Bride. "Fezig, tear his arms off", ". . so I can Clearly Not choose the cup in front of me/you", and "do you have 6 fingers?" are our favorite lines. Introduced it to my kids recently and now it's a family fav.

The Princess Bride. "Fezig, tear his arms off", ". . so I can Clearly Not choose the cup in front of me/you", and "do you have 6 fingers?" are our favorite lines. Introduced it to my kids recently and now it's a family fav.

The Princess Bride is great! I didn't see it for years after it's release - I had no idea.

be

I agree, Princess Bride is hilarious.

I watch Office Space every time it comes on TV. Am I the only one that thinks this movie could be a documentary ? Everytime I get a new useless report to fill out at work, I refer to it as a TPS report...... and everyone gets the joke ! Must be a popular flick.

Some great movies listed here.

My guilty pleasure movie is The Fifth Element.

As hard as I try to be a movie snob, I'm drawn to this movie like a magnet.

Mac

I love that movie. It's the only action movie I can think of where the villain and the hero never meet.

"Conan the Barbarian"... the origial NOT "Conan the Destroyer" that one sucked. I have the uncut extended version and watch it at least twise a year.

"Sin City" I just plain old love this movie.

"The Watchman" I had to watch this one a couple of times before I fell in love with it.

"300" Words can't express.

There are a lot more but I am starting to get t little embarassed. :roflol:

Mac

I love that movie. It's the only action movie I can think of where the villain and the hero never meet.

Forgot about this one. One of the few movies I'll sit through and watch over again when it comes on TV.

Mac

Good sugestion, I think that I'll put it in the DVD player after I put the munchkin to bed. :cheers: