Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Links for M2 mag tube beveling

SERVED_USMC

follow that with a role of 600-1000 grit wet/dry around your finger and move in the direction the shells go (in and out).

you can go to facebook on the red neck tactical page and click on the photo album titled "possumwerks" scroll thru the pics to the shotgun mods to get some ideas of what is done.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I started on it yesterday and everything is looking good so far. Does anyone have a sided by side before and after picture? The only thing Im questioning is how much material to take out right before the mag tube. Im seeing a lot of pictures where it looks like people took about 1/4" or more material out. Im gonna smooth everything out and try a test fit before I got any further with it.

Thanks for the tips. Keep them coming.

Don't take out any more near the mag tube. The point of beveling is keep yourself from getting sliced to ribbons. It doesn't necessarily make you load faster 4 at a time from underneath. I don't think it helps at all if you turn and load from the top. The idea is make it reliable, not necessarily faster. Run your fingers in how a shell would go. If it feels good to you, it will provably feel good to the shell. There are always exceptions.

DId you mean loading port or mag tube beveling?

I did a little of both. I got it back together and Im happy with where its at. The only thing Im noticing is that the front of the bolt catch arm that holds the shells in the tube is a kind of stiff. Its catching the back of the shells fine, theres just some tension trying to get the shell past it. I sent my bolt release off to Crums and had him drill and tap it for an Arrendondo button and it almost look like the button is pressing against the receiver a little before the shell has caught that arm.

Fixed the bolt release issue. I didnt have the lined up in the last hole, so I was getting a little wobble in the bar.

All in all it turned out pretty well. I used a file for the rough cuts and to get my angle, then rounded and smoothed everything with some 240 grit with the Dremel. Smooth finished it with some 600 grit, and used a polishing bit and some compound to shine it up. Ive got some parts for another project that Im sending off to get anodized, so this might follow it there too.

• 1 month later...