Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best carry Glock.....IMHO

zipper046

Well, just wanted to share my thoughts/experience on my evolution to my current carry configuration. I am 6'3" and weigh 230lbs and been a long time Glock shooter with a G35 for Limited/Lim-10 and a G22 that is issued me by my PD.

For off duty I had a G23 I carried for a few years. It was OK, and was comforting knowing I had 15 rounds of .40S&W on hand. BUT....it was a bit large for carry (compared to other concealed carry weapons out there) and took some getting used to.

Recently I've been trying other options. I bought a G27 and carried that on my ankle in a DeSantis Apache ankle rig and it worked great. I then bought a S&W 442 Airweight that I carried in the same Apache ankle rig...this also worked great.

I then experimented with a Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage for my G23 and a Comp-tac Minatour for the G23 and they worked great and were very comfortable. BUT...still had a few occasions where I "printed" with the G23.

So, bought a Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage for my G27 and it too was GREAT. But I still wanted something more comfortable, so I bought a Kimber Tactical Ultra II and another Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage for it. Carried this gun/holster for awhile hoping a 1911 would be more comfortable. It was OK, but not more comfortable.

Final solution: I now carry my G27 (again) with a Pearce +1 extension and my Tucker Texas Heritage. Great combination of size, power, capacity. Have 10 +1 rounds of .40 S&W in a package slightly smaller than the Kimber Tactical Ultra II and carries well.

BTW...can't say enough good things about Tucker Gunleather. Great products.

Z-

I carry my G34 in a MTAC or Dale Frickle ArchAngel for RMR glock. I carry about 130 to 2, right where my hand lays naturally over my right front pocket. Since I am waiting for my slide to come back from getting milled I'm use a 26. Your right it is a great set up. Can't say enough good things about the pocket glocks.

I've been thinking of getting a G23/G22 for everyday carry in a waistband holster and/or a G27 in an ankle holster. I've heard folks say the G23 is great and doesn't print, but if it prints on someone as tall as you, I'm starting to have some concerns. Then again, I used to carry a Para P14 .45 and it was very comforting to know I had 14+1, but I had to dress REALLY loose to get away with it on my 5'8" frame.

I've been thinking of getting a G23/G22 for everyday carry in a waistband holster and/or a G27 in an ankle holster. I've heard folks say the G23 is great and doesn't print, but if it prints on someone as tall as you, I'm starting to have some concerns. Then again, I used to carry a Para P14 .45 and it was very comforting to know I had 14+1, but I had to dress REALLY loose to get away with it on my 5'8" frame.

Well, just about any gun will print if you're not selective about what you wear and how you move. The few times my G23 printed I was bending down (pretty much will cause anything to print) or didn't wear loose enough clothing. Again, I can count maybe 3 times I printed out of the 100's I carried it, so it's really not an issue.

My G23 I carry alot in colder month's and the G27 in warmer months.

The Glock 19 is the most popular Glock made according to sales figures. It does a good job of being small enough to carry and large enough to shoot well. I carry a Glock 26 off duty and as a BUG on duty. I use the 17 as my duty gun. If I did not have these two guns I might just go with a 19 to split the different between the two. I am not a big fan of the .40sw in Glocks.

Pat

Usually If I carry a Glock, I go with the 23 or the 17. I have tried the baby glocks and just didnt care for them. I carry usually IWB at about 5 oclock. in a Summer Comfort. I usually go the 23 rount if I do a glock. I also carry a 1911 either a 5 inch or a 3.5 inch in the same spot. Printing is pretty much minimal and is something I think would be pretty rare for the average person to even notice or pay attention to.

My primary carry is a 23. I have multiple holsters but since adding a couple of concealing love handles I go with an uncle mikes left handed IWB and carry small of the back. The perfect amount of fat will make it disappear. If I am going shirt tucked in its on with the ruger LCP front pocket.

I am not a big fan of the little double stack Glocks, but I sure like the Glock 36. Its the only slim Glock in the smaller package. I wish Glock would also make a single stack like the 36 but in 9mm.

If I could have concealed carry (not allowed where I come from), it would be the Glock 36. I shoot it at every BUG IDPA match I get a chance to.

Edited by tobin

• 2 weeks later...

I carry a Glock 26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck at about 4oclock position.

I'm 5'8" and have a 31" waist, and I rarely print, but I dress correctly.

My buddy carries a full size 1911 in a CrossBreed Supertuck, he is 5' 6" with a 28" waist, and that big gun hides perfectly under a tee shirt.

I carry a G30 in a Milt Sparks VMII. I'm 5'7", small to medium frame. It sits comfortably between 4 and 5 o'clock. I love .45 and having 10+1 of them. I will say its a little thick, and I'm itching to switch platforms for a slimmer 1911/2011.

My Dad loves his G36, and I'll agree its a nice carry weapon. My hand happens to like the double stacks better though.

"Did you chop it yourself"

That's a 26 and a 17, I'm pretty sure he did not cut a 17 down....I'm not trying to be rude fwiw, I'm trying to clarify....

I carry a Glock 23 with rmr in a fobus iwb or don hume depending on whether or not I have a belt on (95% of the time I wear one) at the 3:30 position....pretty easy to hide in all clothing I'm 6'5 220

That's not my photo, but the reason is to get full size sight radius and and sub compact concealability. I have a g22 police trade in on order that I'm going to do the same thing to. That pic is my proof of concept.

Currently I carry a Glock 17 for conceal carry. Its a little big compared to what most people would perfer but during the fall/winter I found I am wearing a jacket most of the time so it covers up the gun just fine. I do plan on purchasing a 26 or one of glock's compacts for summer time carry.