Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A few Sig 1911 questions

twister

I'm going to buy a Max 1911 when they become available. I'd like to know where frame&slide are made. Also, how does everyone like their Sig's? I really don't see too many of them around. It also seems you are getting a lot of 1911 for your money. Any help on this is appreciated.Thanks,Dave

The trigger, safety, and grip safety are definitely Caspian, so I'd be willing to bet that all the parts are made by Caspian. I recently got a 1911 Traditional Compact, and I'm really impressed with it. It's nicely fitted, all forged parts, and by far has the most features for the money of any 1911 out there. My father in law did the FFL transfer for me, and he was so impressed with it that he ordered a 1911 Traditional Match. I think the biggest reason why Sig 1911s are less popular is that until the Traditional models came out it was a huge hassle to get holsters for them. The Max has the old style profile, but if it becomes as popular as some expect it to be that'll help with the holster issue.

The ones I have seen have cast frames not forged. I don't think they offer a forged frame model.

Every external extractor 1911 makes the ghost of John Browning cry.

all forged parts

Mirrors my thoughts. I have no use for an external extractor gun with an ugly slide. I'm not a purist, but some things are just not negotiable.

I love my STX and will be getting the MAX 1911 maybe 2. My STX has been great,, nothing has broke and the only malfunctions have been my reloads. It was a bit of a pain not being able to have any 1911 holster, The new one will be out in March and have a traditional 1911 slide I heard.BTW JMB does not have to shoot your gun so who cares if it has an external extractor. I mean really did JMB ever have microwave popcorn????? Bet he would like it.....things change

Edited by junkie

• 2 months later...

The ones I have seen have cast frames not forged. I don't think they offer a forged frame model.

Every external extractor 1911 makes the ghost of John Browning cry.

all forged parts

Mirrors my thoughts. I have no use for an external extractor gun with an ugly slide. I'm not a purist, but some things are just not negotiable.

For what it is worth I built two in 45 ACP from the frame/slide close outs that Caspian had (I believed they called them Recon XR or something) and I've never had a failure to extract.