Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Testing LiveShots

BritinUSA

I hate auto spell check!

The word 'prices' should read 'process'. The wind was blowing so hard my contact lens dried out so it was hard to focus on the screen.

FYI: LiveShots is a mechanism to show 'live' coverage of USPSA matches. I can upload video to my website within 1 minute of a shooter finishing a stage, it's better than live streaming as there is no dead air time while the stage is being reset and the picture quality is better.

I was hoping to get some feedback on video quality and how quickly the videos start playing once selected. The plan is to get the bugs ironed out before SS Nats.

• 1 month later...

I am using it on a slow computer with an even slower internet connection at work and it seems to be just fine. Thanks for letting me get a little taste of what I am missing while I am here at work and missing our local match!!

I managed to get nearly 50 videos on the web-page and the automatic link generator handled them without a hitch... I hope to do another test (weather permitting) next Saturday at the Colorado Rifle Club which will be hosting the Noveske MG match in April.

I managed to do some more testing today at the Colorado Rifle Club, this range will be hosting the Noveske MG match at the end of April so I needed to find out what the network connectivity was like at the range... The signal was very spotty and there were problems uploading some of the videos (they got corrupted) the connection kept dropping. I'm going to do some research and see if there is a way of boosting the reception at the range.

Hopefully I will get to do some more testing tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...