Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Undecided

bbbean

Start position gun holstered, hands on either side of window in middle wall. Engage targets as seen.

Barrels will be a little tighter in actual setup. I left them wider to show targets.

Comments?

post-14972-0-87893200-1327674325_thumb.j

Edited by bbbean

Had a stage like this back in 92 but with elevator doors and the far targets were obscured by NS... shot close targets then went prone in the doorway NS not a problem then :devil: others were trying to lean out around the NS etc. had a tall shooter shot right over the NS which gave me the idea to go low.

Any rear foot faults to keep the shooter from just moving laterally or backing up or will the barrels direct shooter ?

depending on how close to the 180 and barrels of course the shooter could just shoot the center window and steel then take a step or 3 back and it opens it all up..

being a "slow twitch" muscle guy I can fire faster than maneuver on a stage like this I'd rather take longer shots than go forward then back then forward again

John

can you take the steel from the port ??

how will you score the target behind the barrels,for shots that hit the barrels first ???

I like it good job :D

Edited by EEH

Barry...nice, but the tight barrels on the left force the shooter to go to the left, but nothing forces movement to the right...unless you have the steel hid by the inner barrels.

Good summertime stage...little setup.

Any rear foot faults to keep the shooter from just moving laterally or backing up or will the barrels direct shooter ?

depending on how close to the 180 and barrels of course the shooter could just shoot the center window and steel then take a step or 3 back and it opens it all up..

The barrels on the outside targets are tight enough and the angle is sharp enough that you'd have to take more than 3 or 4 steps back to see targets, and then you'd be shooting at them sideways. Similarly, the three targets behind the staggered barrels will require some bobbing and weaving to see more than the outside of the C zone.

But I will add a rear fault line and tighten barrels.

FWIW, no lateral fault lines - if you want to run 50 feet to one side and take targets, have at it. Barrels are hard cover.

See attached: post-14972-0-32970400-1327679324_thumb.j

Edited by bbbean

I like the way the stage looks deceptively simple.

Is the steel visible from the port? Or are the inner barrels meant to hide the steel from the port?

Are the center 3 paper targets visible from the corner formed by the wall and the front right fault line? With the perspective turned on in Sketchup, it looks like they are visible, and so there is a shoot through situation all the way out to the 2 paper targets behind the staggered barrels.

Edited by Skydiver

Is the steel visible from the port? Or are the inner barrels meant to hide the steel from the port?

Are the center 3 paper targets visible from the corner formed by the wall and the front right fault line? With the perspective turned on in Sketchup, it looks like they are visible, and so there is a shoot through situation all the way out to the 2 paper targets behind the staggered barrels.

Center 3 targets are only available through window. Steel visible from extreme right and left of port.

This is included in the setup instructions.

Center 3 targets are only available through window. Steel visible from extreme right and left of port.

By "extreme right and left of port", I assume that you still have to shoot the steel through the window, but you'll have to move to the edges of the window. If my assumption is incorrect, I must be missing how the stage is going to comply with 1.2.1.3. At the front left fault line: 2 x 4 on paper + 1 steel = 9 shots, and at the front right fault line: 2 x 5 paper + 1 steel = 11 shots.

By "extreme right and left of port", I assume that you can still shoot the steel through the window, but you'll have to move to the edges of the window. If my assumption is incorrect, I must be missing how the stage is going to comply with 1.2.1.3. At the front left fault line: 2 x 4 on paper + 1 steel = 9 shots, and at the front right fault line: 2 x 5 paper + 1 steel = 11 shots.

Edited by Skydiver

By "extreme right and left of port", I assume that you can still shoot the steel through the window, but you'll have to move to the edges of the window. If my assumption is incorrect, I must be missing how the stage is going to comply with 1.2.1.3. At the front left fault line: 2 x 4 on paper + 1 steel = 9 shots, and at the front right fault line: 2 x 5 paper + 1 steel = 11 shots.

Yes, you'll have to lean from side to side in the window. Steel is available from both the port and both fault lines. Only the center three and extreme right and left targets are only available from one position or view. The right and left rear targets are available from any point along their respective walls or the front baseline.

If I was shooting it single stack, I'd engage middle three + steel from port (8 rounds), reload, take 4 right rear paper while moving down right wall (8 rounds), reload, take extreme right target (2 rounds), reload while moving to left side of stage, and engage left 4 targets (8 rounds). It'd be a much easier stage in Prod or Lim 10.

BB

Yes, you'll have to lean from side to side in the window. Steel is available from both the port and both fault lines. Only the center three and extreme right and left targets are only available from one position or view. The right and left rear targets are available from any point along their respective walls or the front baseline.

If I was shooting it single stack, I'd engage middle three + steel from port (8 rounds), reload, take 4 right rear paper while moving down right wall (8 rounds), reload, take extreme right target (2 rounds), reload while moving to left side of stage, and engage left 4 targets (8 rounds). It'd be a much easier stage in Prod or Lim 10.

BB

Thanks!

My strategy for SS was slightly different: middle 3 + steel from the port (8 rounds), reload while moving front left (and watching the 180), shoot low target, shoot 2 standing targets, and then shoot far left target, step over the fault line and reload while running across the front of the stage to the right side, step in the shooting area and shoot the rest, standing reload, and shoot last target.

BB

Thanks!

My strategy for SS was slightly different: middle 3 + steel from the port (8 rounds), reload while moving front left (and watching the 180), shoot low target, shoot 2 standing targets, and then shoot far left target, step over the fault line and reload while running across the front of the stage to the right side, step in the shooting area and shoot the rest, standing reload, and shoot last target.

Same basic idea. I just wanted to avoid the standing reload, and figured that after engaging the far right target I'd have 6 rounds in case I missed a steel from the port.

BB