Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Akdal 1919 Hi-Cap mags?

mikeAZ

So, after the "Shot Show", any idea when we will see some Hi-Cap mags for this gun that are for sale to Mr. Average shooter??? Of course, we will need the other parts for "922" BS.

Edited by mike NM

Hi J-Ho,

I don't see what your looking at on Firebird's website. He's promised people a 10 round magazine with the purchase of his tricked out 1919, but I don't see were the rest of us can buy them. If you where we can order them I would appreciate you letting us know.

Thanks, Guy

Mike

It actually took several years to sort out mags for the Saiga, and that was a much simpler process.

I have only been working on it for a few months

The 10 round extensions we are making now work well, and will suffice but a better mouse trap is only a short time away.

I also have to meet the needs of the people who have ordered complete guns before I start just selling parts

The acute demand and need for mags is very much on my mind, and trust me I am working it as quickly as I can.

No matter how much I want it....things like this , just dont get done overnight

Jim

Jim, that sounds reasonible... You certainly have a right to make a living and must have spent a lot of time developing your products....the fine workmanship and inovation shows. Obviously the guns are not much use without the Hi-Cap mags and other "needed" 922 parts. As a "Super Senior", I'm just not much good at waiting......sorry. (Had the Saiga's back when they were $189.00 @ CDNN).

Are you planning on offering a "922" package to the public? I'm probably not the only one who doesn't require/want a complete custom gun?? I really don't have a problem with the Factory stock, other than it makes cleaning a task . Are you going to set up a waiting list if you offer a parts package?. I log into your website almost daily to see what's new..I used to live in Edgewood if that helps...Hint, hint.

Edited by mike NM

Hi Mike,

I'm in the same boat as you, I own the gun but will be shooting my 1100 until the MKA mags are out and I can jack some 922 parts into it. I do know one thing, we are very lucky to have Jim at Firebird working on our problem. Tons of guys on this forum love him and I've heard his name mentioned quit a bit at multigun matches. My buddy did see one of his extentions on a mag at the SHOT show last week at the RAAC Booth and Jim was nice enough to let him take a picture of it and send it to me. My guy said it was top quality and it likes pretty cool too.

Guy

At this point in time , look's like Jim and Tromix are the two visible names working on the 1919.... Doesn't look like Tromix is working on the mags??? Since the stock 5 round unit works/locks up/drops, one would think the mag extention and clamp and new spring would be a simpler way to go rather than design a whole new mag ????... The mag extention needs a new spring...I've seen mention that maybe the "Sagia" 10 round spring may work with an extention, rather than something new ??... less engineering ? Jim's double 10 mag set-up will be the Cat's meow.... Looking into my crystal balls(??), I see a plastic extention slipping over the stock mag body's bottom lips marked "Made in the USA", maybe even with a seperate floor plate if more "922" parts are needed?. I can't imagine a whole plastic mag... probably wont fit the magwell?... WHO knows??