Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

revolvers at area 6

javier is the only one registered on match sign up im shooting revo just havent had jay change it yet he signed me up as im working it and just put me in single stack that makes 2 of us so far

Hey Javier, that might put a kink in your division win!!! :) Good luck to you both. later rdd

Just remember that if there isn't 10 in the division at an area match there will be no recognition at all. No trophy, no blue ribbon and probably no trip to the prize table. They will take your $140 entry and say thanks for playing. :(

This is exactly what happened at last years' Florida State match. 5 required for a Level II match and there were only 2 of us. I beat the other guy by 239 points and got squat, not even the handshake. After quizing the match director on the why I was told I have the bragging rights but nada else. Seems like revo is essentially a dying division. So sad because it's a different challenge than spray and pray. You actually have to manage the gun instead of point and pull. Makes one wonder why asking prices are so high for competition style revo's. Maybe we're in the "collector car" phase ?????

Ron

DeFacto 2011 Florida State USPSA Revolver champion

:eatdrink:

ya unfortunatly itll be bragging rights with out the minimum required to represent the division. Its such a shame its an amazing division the guns are cool the people are awsome and its so much fun to break the stages down and have to really manage your rds and actually aim the gun.

Sometimes when not there are enough participants in a Division the participants in that division may be put in another division for the prize table. And the 5 in a division only means if you have 5 you must recognize that division. The Match director may recognize that division but does not HAVE to but may do so if he wishes with out the minimum requirement. A hundred dollar entry fee should be enough for one trophy in my book. I wonder why no one reads my book. :eatdrink: Later rdd

When I first signed up for this match I saw that the match director had a team match going that included all divisions. I hoped to pick up a team and shoot the team events. Then I read the rest of the info and found that the team event was only for sponsored shooters. Am a bit disappointed about that, but feel like the match director is trying to be inclusive of revolver shooters. However, if there aren't any revolver shooters why would anyone try to include revolver shooters in the future? What can one short, fat, balding, extremely good looking guy do to increase interest in revolver shooting?

I agree its a shame I really enjoy the division so much more people need to give it a chance. I didnt know you have to be a sponsored shooter to be selected for the team challenge though.....seems like no one wants to play with revos.

• 1 month later...

Just remember that if there isn't 10 in the division at an area match there will be no recognition at all. No trophy, no blue ribbon and probably no trip to the prize table. They will take your $140 entry and say thanks for playing. :(

in the case of not having 10 revolver shooters to make the division then at the end they should offer you back part of your $140 seeing how there also not trip to the prize table

Edited by JAB

Ahoy JAB,

That wasn't how it worked for me at the USPSA Florida State match last November. Seems all the revolver shooters, except 2 of us, were drawn to a match in Memphis that had $ and a prize table. All they had at Fla State was a small trophy engraved w/ the division standing and date. When you invest several $K in equipment and another pile of bucks in travel / hotel etc bringing a 10" glass trophy home to the wife seems a small return on investment. With the exception of a couple of big national type matches it appears revolver shooters are relegated to shooting for the fun of it. That's too bad because they are a challenge to run a bottom feeder friendly stage and fun to boot. What's the line? "If it was easy everybody would do it". Hmmmmm! Must be why most run bottom feeders. :sight: Not gonna stop me from running my 625's and 627's. :goof:

MOLON LABE

Fantastic! I'm shooting a 625, so no more counting rounds like last year with my 627. I also shouldn't have ammo problems like last year either, no light strikes. Look forward to shooting with you again. You know last year was only my second match with a revolver, now its about the only discipline that gets the adrenaline pumping.