Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

revolvers at area 6

Very cool is live to make the Alabama match gonna have to see if I can I was hoping wed have a few Revos at area 6 this year not looking good though I may be a one man band

Just think of the bragging rights of winning your Div. at an area match. :devil:

That's how I became 2011 Florida State revolver champ. Only 2 of us showed up but I did beat the other guy by 238 points. Seems everybody else was at the Memphis match that weekend. Didn't make the record books because 5 shooters are required for official recognition at Level II matches but I do get the bragging rights. :cheers:

So I got that going for me .......... which is nice :goof:

Prolly not. My hands have sunk a bit further into neuropathy hell and in truth I wouldn't be very competitive. At 65 I have all the agility of a Kenworth so serious run and gun isn't in my wheel house anymore. I can still beat some in other divisions but on the wider stage I've no doubt my name would be more bottom than top. Knowing that + the $200 entry fee makes me feel like I'm just donating $ to the pot. I plan to show up on that Saturday and watch, tho. I'll plan to look you up. :cheers:

I DO have plans for the Steel Challenge in November. I can "stand and deliver" halfway decent if I can stay focused. :goof:

BTW, now that you have some trigger time the offer of you trying some of my grips still stands.

I find as I get older I have more Homer Simpson in me. When I said entry was $200 I had confused Area 6 with the Florida Open in February which is $200. Area 6 is only $140 so tell ya what I'm gonna do. If there's a need for another revo type to fill out a revo team / enough entrants for official recognition then sign me up. Don't want anybody saying I don't represent! Question is whether Area 6 is a Level II or level III match. Level II "recommends" min of 5 competitors and for Level III 10 entrants are manditory. That's per Appendix A2 in my RO rule book. I leave it to joedodge and his local match director to figger out if there are enough revos for official recognition as I'm the only regular revo shooter I'm aware of in South East Florida. I've been told there is an ICORE club in Orlando. Anybody got any connections there?

MOLO LABE

You have plenty of time to get classified. Besides, Bubber showed great wisdom when he explained to me that revolver is a heads up division. There aren't enough shooters to recognize classes. We might be lucky to get the division recognized.

If GA is the same weekend as last year (weekend after Labor Day), there is a huge Craft Festival in Stone Mountain (NE Atltanta) called the Yellow Daisy Festival. Great way to make it a "family" trip. Wife goes craft showing while you go shoot. That's where mine will be.

You have plenty of time to get classified. Besides, Bubber showed great wisdom when he explained to me that revolver is a heads up division. There aren't enough shooters to recognize classes. We might be lucky to get the division recognized.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if they let new folks shoot a level 2 match without a classification. Lots to learn.

as of now all i got on my plate is the Mississippi Classic and Memphis (when it is firmly scheduled) I am looking at Area 3 but Area 4 looks pretty challenging to get into much les expect much revo attendance...

• 2 weeks later...