Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 competition

jdv80

So my question is about the Sig X5 line. I'm shooting a 226 elite in production & love my sig enough where I want another. I'm wanting to use my existing as a backup & get a X5 for matches. Is the x5 with the wood grips and adjustable trigger worth the extra $$? Because its quite a bit more than the competition model. I considering the competition and have heard good things but wanted to get feedback. I'm just looking forward to no more DA pull. Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks

Joe

For Production, guns with external hammers have to start with hammer down. That would imply a DA pull is probably still in your future if you plan on shooting it in Production.

Also note that the X-Five All-Around is in the USPSA Production list, but the the X-Five Competition is not. The IPSC Production list explicitly disallows the X-Five Competition.

As Skydiver mentioned the X5 Comp is not production legal since it is SAO.

Also as he mentioned the X5 Allround is legal for production but it has the regular DA/SA internals not the SRT like your P226 Elite. Therefore it will have a reset that is much longer than your Elite. Of course you can put the SRT parts in the X5AR or you could go with what IMO is a better option and get a Grayguns competition short reset package or total automation QTR package.

Thanks for that response guys I think you just saved me a ton of money. I would have been really upset to buy the competition & then had to leave it in the box. Thanks. I'm gonna look at the X5 all around.

Joe