Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you store/transport your mags?

doubleforte78

I'm getting tired of my mags floating around my range bag and its time to do something about it. I recently purchased a maxpedition backpack with lots of room, but no dedicated mag storage. I've seen lots of folks using nylon magazine storage pouches and I'm thinking this is the way to go. What works for you?

I use the CCW mag pouches and they are great. I have one of the larger ones for my 170mm mags and then a few other standard ones for my other stuff. I use a different color for different mags so I don't get them confused. Here is a link to the larger one for the 170mm mags:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2394322904/california-competition-works-8-pistol-magazine-storage-pouch-nylon

This works pretty good and doesn't take up a lot of space. From an Enos vendor and will ship in about 2.3 seconds :D

Mag bag

That's what I use.

What kind of mags are you talking? SV/STI or Glock/M&P etc? I never saw the need for a mag bag until I started using my STI mags. I just dumped my Glock mags in on top of my ammo boxes. You can't hurt 'em'.

for locals I have the mags from both my Open and Limited guns in the two big pockets inside a Dillon gear bag. for majors I put my mags into a magazine pouch with multiple individual pockets which then goes into a backpack. dont bring my gearbag to majors to reduce the amount of crap I gotta pack on the airplane

This works pretty good and doesn't take up a lot of space. From an Enos vendor and will ship in about 2.3 seconds :D

Mag bag

That's what I use.

What kind of mags are you talking? SV/STI or Glock/M&P etc? I never saw the need for a mag bag until I started using my STI mags. I just dumped my Glock mags in on top of my ammo boxes. You can't hurt 'em'.

I usually shoot a CZ shadow and occasionally a 1911. Used to shoot a G34 and whenever something breaks on the CZ I think, if I still has a Glock... :)

Which Maxpedition bag?

Both mine have multiple inside pockets and they both have an upper outside that works great for mags.

Max also makes hook and loop mag inserts that can go in some of their stuff.

Maxpedition Falcon II. Great bag and plenty of storage, but I want individual sleeves for my mags. Think I'll go with Midway or California Competition works

I have several of the Shooters Connection Mag Bags(http://shootersconnectionstore.com/CED-Magazine-Storage-Pouches-P145.aspx). Keep magazines of different calibers in them. You can take them to a local embroidery shop, and have your caliber/brand embroidered on them.

Randy

My range bag has built-in mag holders, but I use the shooters connection mag bags to store my mags in the safe.