Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NYS Rifle Match 2012

Square Deal will be hosting the 2012 NYS Action Rifle Championship on May 5th and May 6th

7 Stages with maximum distance 300m. Cost is $60.

Application and information can be found at www.squaredealipsc.com

Use the menu on the left to select the NYS Rifle Championship button for information and the application.

Hotel information can be found by scrolling down the page.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't get the oportuntity to shoot the match, due to a family issue that cropped up late last night. The stages looked good, and the range conditions were much better than years past.

I wish I could have shot, but, things happen in life beyond our control.

I'll be back!

Dan, sorry you couldn't make it out. This was a darned nice match. (regardless of how crappy I shot) 8 stages with targets from about 330 yards to as close as contact (on one target) there was some steel ( a Star), a number of clays, not too much mud (Stage 7) and fantastic weather.

Thanks to all that worked so hard to put this match on the ground.

Sign me up again for next year!

I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to all of the people that put this match together.

I had a great time breaking in my brand new JP-15 and meeting some new friends, can't wait to see where I placed.

I think I can safely say, for everyone with me on Squad 1 from Saturday, we had a great time!

Thanks again!

Dan, sorry you couldn't make it out. This was a darned nice match. (regardless of how crappy I shot) 8 stages with targets from about 330 yards to as close as contact (on one target) there was some steel ( a Star), a number of clays, not too much mud (Stage 7) and fantastic weather.

Thanks to all that worked so hard to put this match on the ground.

Sign me up again for next year!

Jim,

I did make it to the match. Got a late night phone call that my dad was being taken to the hospital, I drove home Sunday morning. Heck, I said hello to you when you were digging in the compartment of your camper. :roflol:

Was only my second "large" match and it was a blast. I shot a few stages well and a few very poorly due to a bad case of running out of talent...

Great work on the stages and a big thank you to the RO's and other staff. I hope to return next year! :D

Edited by bpipe95

Best one yet! Awesome weather and all RO's and stages were great!

Loved the long range stage.

Only bad note: Heck of a time to find out my Surefire that worked great in practice didn't run at all at the match. :angry2:

This years match was great. A true test of shooting skill without the "blind alleys" and memory games. Those are fun once in a while, sure. The "Long Range" stage was a bit of a bottle-neck due to the generous time limit. I think this one was one of the best ever. I especially liked shooting the TEXAS Star while prone on a swinging bridge. Keep up the good work. Mal

I big thank you to all that put on this match. I was well run and a lot of fun to shoot. Looking forward to the next one.

Each one of these matches teaches me a good lesson, sometimes its the same lesson over and over. This time I learned ammo management. When you have a mixture of factory and different handloads on the long range stage, you're probably going to time out.

I big thank you to all that put on this match. I was well run and a lot of fun to shoot. Looking forward to the next one.

Each one of these matches teaches me a good lesson, sometimes its the same lesson over and over. This time I learned ammo management. When you have a mixture of factory and different handloads on the long range stage, you're probably going to time out.

You didn't zero at 25 feet again, did you? :rolleyes: