Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new Mac user

HI5-O

My wife got me a new iMac 27 for my birthday and xmas present :wub:

When cruising the forums, I see some posts and then a little blurb saying... missing plug in. I know something is there but what?

So what plug in am I missing?

There are other things I have to learn about a Mac besides what's missing. The 27 inch monitor keeps me from plugging my PC back in :lol:

Using Safari

OS X Lion ?

There was a post about a video of the nationals and that is where I see the... missing plug in.

My wife says I need Adobe or Flash or something, she had the same thing on her iPhone :mellow:

Come on, folks, let's try to be helpful.

You most likely don't have the flash plug-in to safari. Go here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to get what you want. Safari is a perfectly good browser; it'll do you well. I particularly like the Top Sites feature that displays thumbnails of your chosen favorite website. Flash isn't "gay", and you'll miss out on a whole lot of content if you don't have it.

Yours is a brand new iMac, so you're running OS X Lion. 27" screen is pretty awesome, isn't it? :cheers:

Come on, folks, let's try to be helpful.

You most likely don't have the flash plug-in to safari. Go here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to get what you want. Safari is a perfectly good browser; it'll do you well. I particularly like the Top Sites feature that displays thumbnails of your chosen favorite website. Flash isn't "gay", and you'll miss out on a whole lot of content if you don't have it.

Yours is a brand new iMac, so you're running OS X Lion. 27" screen is pretty awesome, isn't it? :cheers:

flash is dead...ever heard of html5?

Yeah, I've heard of html5, and that does absolutely nothing to help this particular user's problem, now does it? He wants to see a flash video. He doesn't have the plugin. Let's get him the plugin.

Flash is far from dead. On the way out? Maybe, but it is very much still around and you're STILL going to miss an awful lot of content on websites if you don't have the plugin on your system.

Edited by wgnoyes