Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCC 3-Gun Matches for January 2012

CCC 3-Gun matches for January 2012 will be on the 22nd, Heavy Metal, and the 28th and 29th for the regular 3-gun.

We have a dedicated 3-Gun website where all 3-Gun related information and scores will be posted.

ccc3g.com

On the main menu, click on Event Calendar and then the date of your choice for match & stage info.

Thanks

FredQ

You should be able to get through with 10 clips, just reload between stages, you'll have plenty of time.

Dave, I've seen you shoot and 80 rounds will be more than enough to finish any of the stages or time out :devil:

I did add a few more rifle steels tonight, moved a few and added the rest of the pistol and shotgun targets to the stages.

I will update the stage totals tomorrow after I test the stages.

Weather will be great this weekend and every thing is greened up...

FredQ

My brother, brother in law, and I are planning on coming out either Saturday or Sunday this weekend. What time is registration and what time do ya'll start? Also, how late are ya'll usually done by?

Thanks!

Wade

I have updated the match and stage information page, please read it here. Also, I added a location map to the club here

Slings are required on the rifle. Single point slings do not work well do to the movement here.

Landshark45 are you coming this weekend? I expected to see you this past weekend.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the match.

FredQ

Edited by FDQ

Tornadoes to the left of us, tornadoes to the right of us, but we were spared.

Drove the range today and it looked fine. A little water in the usual places but by the weekend all will be fine.

It will be cool with a little north wind but should have plenty of sun.

FredQ

My brother, brother in law, and I are planning on coming out either Saturday or Sunday this weekend.

Thanks!

Wade

Have fun make shure you come with good zeros.

Might go practice out to 600 at Bayou on Saturday, and then shoot Sunday's match. Haven't done much past 300 with this AR yet.

Fred- left you a voice message a few minutes ago.

3C puts on a match with excellent target presentation, targets all the way out to 625yds that you can see easily, even behind a small peep sight. excellent contrast with the orange targets and brown dirt or green grass, the match is rifle heavy compared to the other 2 guns but if you need good rifle practice and don't mind the drive, for me it was 3hrs one way, it is worth the trip. I'll be back Fred, the other targets for the pistol and shotgun were very well presented also, no hoser pistol just good challenging targets at reasonable distances, shotgun targets in the brush made for challenging shots also, and the added no shoots were just enough to make you think instead of blast away mindlessly.

3 matches a month makes it easy to get back on my work schedule.

Trapr

Fred puts on some very challenging monthly matches. You owe it to yourself to test your 3gun skills. Prepare for those major 3gun matches, have fun, and learn where your weakness are at the same time.

Thanks for doing it again Fred.

We couldn't have asked for better conditions as it was an absolutely beautiful day and the wind was abnormally still, which caused me to shoot left as I automatically hold for wind these days lol

Big thanks to Steve and Fred for all of their hard work, Aaron, Calder, and Andrew for ROing and helping out as well.

Robert shooting rifleman's ridge

Me shooting the ridge POV

Edited by aggunner

Beautiful weather and a great bunch of shooters made for a perfect weekend...

Thanks a bunch to Trapr and Stuart for making the long drive from San Antonio, we really enjoyed having you here.

Thanks to all the regular shooters that showed up to shoot and help with all the chores...

We were big on rifle this month, (well we are usually big on rifle), but this month we had close to 100 rifle targets making it our largest target count to date.

Next month we plan on 6 stages instead of 5 and one of the stages will be a shotgun only stage with 20-25 slugs and a few bird shot to mix things up.

Mount Baldy, our newest rifle heavy stage was a big hit. 22 targets spread out over a large flat, shot from the arena on top of Mount Baldy. The shooting arena brought out some creative shooting positions and many of them were very effective. It was a blast watching Trapr shoot his Heavy Iron gun from up there.

Thanks for all the kind words about the range and the shoot.

Scores are posted at CCC3G

Hope to see you all back next month.

FredQ