Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Visiting Australia

My wife and I have always wanted to visit Australia. It seems like a way cool Country with a ton of stuff to see. Part of the problem going there is that it is on the other side of the planet. Another problem is that if we were going that far, we would have to burn all our vacation to try to see as much as possible and make it worth the trip.

Then there are the dangers... and I am not talking about the very poisonous snakes... nor the poisonous spiders... nor the salt water crocs... nor the box jellyfish... or even the Great White shark. What I am talking about are the extrememly dangerous SWORD owners!!! :o That was our biggest concern and what really held us back from visiting.

Well, I see that the Australian law-makers have finally realized these dangers and are banning all swords effective July 1st. Also, because of the way they wrote the law, apparently many knives will be banned as well. We feel so much safer now, and can finally go take a look at airfare.

Sheesh...... I thought all the jackass politicians were in located in California, Illinois, and Maryland. To our Australian friends, on behalf of the USA, I apologize if we let a few slip overseas and infect you. :blink:

What next.....

Brian,

I have some friends and family that visited Australia and said it was worth burning all of your vacation time. It is one of the "lifetime" thing things to do.

Also, check Ebay for some chain mail suits, that should keep you safe from the sword swinging bad guys!! :D

Maybe install a dot setup on your grandpa's pocket knife? :P

Cameron

BDH,

Let Hoser and I know when you are thinking about going. He will be retired as of the end of the day Nov. 1st. Maybe we could tag along with you and Deb. :P The only thing we would have to worry about is having some one look after the cat! :D

Seems a shame to spend so much time and money and only see Australia.

For only an extra couple of hours flying you could see some lovely country and meet some nice people.....in New Zealand of course! :) where the air is clean and people can weild their sabers without fear.

P.D.

Let Hoser and I know when you are thinking about going.  He will be retired as of the end of the day Nov. 1st.

Retired? Humpf..... I'm NOT retired, and with the way the Telecom industry is going, never will be able to.... :angry:

Oh well, if we find a way to go 'down under' we will let everyone know so we can hook up with as many friends as possible...... ;)

Brian, how could you leave out the HQ of jackass pols, i.e. Washington DC?

Or England...

Valid point, but I wasn't trying for a definitive list, just some examples to make the point..... ;)