Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi From Montreal, PQ, Canada

gunguru

Hi Folks,

I'm new to Practical Shooting (PS), but not new to shooting and Fireams.

I remember first time I saw PS it was in Leatham's "shooter ready?", still a classic in my movie library.

This forum looks like a Gold Mine of information.

Can't wait to have fun with you and discovering the world of IPSC.

Any other from Canada / Quebec?

I'm a Canuck from Toronto, but I live in California now.

Among the perks of living in the US is freer gun ownership laws...yes, even in CA! My fellow Californians complain about the draconian gun laws here (safe gun roster, 10 rounds magazines, etc, etc) but they don't really appreciate how relaxed those laws really are in comparison to Canada and other countries!

Canadian Gun laws... a shame! And Quebec is worst than the other.

A quick summary:

- 10 round capacity in all handgun

- 5 round in semi-auto rifle / shotgun (except rimfire)

- All handgun with 105mm (4.10") and less are prohibited, as the handgun in .25 or .32 caliber (except for some target pistol)

- Many Military "looking" firearms are prohibited, mostly based on the look, not the specs. Quickly, all AK-47, FAL, HKg3 and similar, the list is very long.

- All AR platform, as all non prohibited handgun, are restricted, meaning we can only go to Approved Shooting Club and came back to house.

- All Semi "long Gun" with less than 18.5" are restricted, except .22

- Need to register all Firearm (hopefully, it's supposed to change soon, and only Handgun will be registered)

- Need to have a Firearm Permit to own or acquire firearms, as to acquire ammo.

- Storing and transportation restriction

- In Quebec, a few more rules applies, like no Firearm in Public transportation, no firearm in Kindergarden or School, need to have another permit to go to shooting club with a restricted gun, need to shoot once a year with restricted, as we are supposed to own them for shooting, etc.

Yeap, canada is a crappy place for gun owner...