Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New EGW Power Extractor Replacement

blairmckenzie1

EGW is now making a direct replacement extractor for the Power Extractor. No sleeving required. It is only available though the Para Pro Shop and is apparently going into new production guns also. I paid $60 for one which is about the same as a sleeve and a quality extractor. Hope this helps anyone else whos having extractor problems.

went the Para site and saw the extractor, pretty clever what EGW did, just made a larger dia. extractor to fit the tunnel and copy thier existing HD extractor EGW sells already for the standard 1911 slides.

Got rid of the sleeve non-sense/regular extractor solution and the factor Para PXT extractor all together!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello: I installed one today and it runs perfectly in a 45acp :cheers: I had to fit it to the firing pin stop and polished the claw a little bit. Big improvement and a must have if you have a PXT. Thanks, Eric

Definitely a must in the 9mm double stack hawg as well. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Was anyone able to just drop it in? I tried to install my new egw extractor yesterday and it doesnt hold onto the case rim long enough. It pulls the case out of the chamber but once the rim starts to till down the extractor just lets go and the case does not come back far enough to hit the ejector. I tried to increase the grip pressure and it became too hard to seat the extractor on the rim plus the extractor still let the case go early.

This is my first 1911, so go easy. Its a p16.40 and I am replacing the power extractor that broke.

Edit: Just took some youtube and bending. Now to test it.

Edited by joelogic

• 1 month later...

My new extractor just falls right through. There's no resistence when putting it in at all. It also won't even make contact with the casing in my P18. I understand that there may be some fitting required but is the falling through part normal?

Just what Hearthco said. I just did my P16 and will be doing my backup P16 in the next day or so. You may need to fit the FP stop a bit. You want a nice fit with the FP stop, not tight, but not loose. Also, radius the bottom of the claw just a bit. My P16 did require a slight bend for proper tension. I am no gunsmith, I just looked around a lot on the internet for info. I did buy the Wiegand tension tool and I recommend. However, the gauges did not work in my P16 (no contact and not even close - I could not know how to use them). So I used the drop test. AKA slide a empty case as if it was chamber under the extractor aligned properly with the breach face. Turn the slide over and apply light finger presser and the case should drop out. Mine seems to run very well with this setup.

As a second measure, incase the EGW extractor is no longer available, I did buy a couple of sleeves from Brownells and some Ed Brown extractors - just in case!

RT