Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stripped Brazos C More Mount

Big Guy

Just found out that the front hole of the cmore mount of my (new to me and according to the provided round count less than 2,000 rnds) Brazos Sx is stripped and will not hold the cmore in place. :angry:

Any recommendations on a good mount? I was thinking on the Allchin with the blast deflector to minimize direct pressure to the cmore. :huh:

Staying away from the 90 degree mounts.

Brownells list the Allchin mount for a 1911, will this fit the 2011? :huh:

Edited by Big Guy

Just thinking out loud: you might consider retapping two holes directly behind the existing. The Allchin should work just fine also. The only issue might be that the Allchin might put the c-more slightly to the left IF they spaced it for a thinner standard width frame.

Edited by al503

Just found out that the front hole of the cmore mount of my (new to me and according to the provided round count less than 2,000 rnds) Brazos Sx is stripped and will not hold the cmore in place. :angry:

Any recommendations on a good mount? I was thinking on the Allchin with the blast deflector to minimize direct pressure to the cmore. :huh:

Staying away from the 90 degree mounts.

Brownells list the Allchin mount for a 1911, will this fit the 2011? :huh:

Your post is little confusing. If I understand your problem correctly, just have the front hole on the frame tapped for a larger screw. If the hole is stripped, another mount is not going to help.

As a side note. I clean the holes in the frame and mount with a cleaner from loctite and loctite the screws with blue loktite. You do not have to over tighten the screws and the screws stay.

I don't think he is talking about his pistol frame as buying a new mount would not help that one bit.

If you are so inclined, simply drill 2 new mounting holes as al503 suggested.

You could also retap the front hole the next size up and drill out the clearance hole in the scope for it. the normal one is 10-32. Next size up would be a 12-28.

Thanks to a BE member, I got a great deal on a mount and will be replacing the stripped mount.

Now the questions is, red or blue loctite?

I bought Loctite cleaning solution. I clean the mount and the frame. I use blue loctite and my screws stay tight and I can get them out if it want. I make sure I don't use any oil or the gun for 12 hours, 24 if I can.

Hello: Use Red for the screws that hold the mount to the frame. Use Blue to mount the C-More to the mount. That way you can remove the C-More then heat the screws to remove the mount from the frame if needed. To repair the mount I would use a Time Sert which are better than Helicoils :cheers: Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...