Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2012 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so this is kind of strange but we were trying to book blocks of rooms with two hotels this year. The Holiday Inn Express responded and got us set up so I designated them as the "Official Match Hotel". The Comfort Inn right across the street never got back to me...until now. Turns out they had some staff turnover and our request got misplaced. They apologized profusely and offered to make it up with better discounting. Anyway, the short version is we now have blocks of rooms reserved in two very nice hotels minutes from the range and the rooms are $10 cheaper in the "alternate" hotel.

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/2012/hotel.php

Ok, so this is kind of strange but we were trying to book blocks of rooms with two hotels this year. The Holiday Inn Express responded and got us set up so I designated them as the "Official Match Hotel". The Comfort Inn right across the street never got back to me...until now. Turns out they had some staff turnover and our request got misplaced. They apologized profusely and offered to make it up with better discounting. Anyway, the short version is we now have blocks of rooms reserved in two very nice hotels minutes from the range and the rooms are $10 cheaper in the "alternate" hotel.

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/2012/hotel.php

Does the alternate hotel offer discount as well on Jacuzzi suites for the revolver shooters like the original. We need our therapudic massage to relax us after getting with all the cool chicks you know.

Ok folks, time to get off the dime. Had our annual Team Magnolia meeting and along with taking care of re-electing John as El Prez, we picked thestages for the state match. Two short, Three medium and Five long courses along with a classifer and Chrono. While we were at it, John informed us that as of last night we have 65 competitors registered. This does not include the 40 or so ROs and staff that will be shooting. If you do the math, there are only about 100 spots left and this is just the first of February. I am pretty sure we will be full very shortly, so if you want to shoot, get those entries in ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure on the beer

PAGING MR. HEITER...PAGING MR. HEITER...PAGING MR. HEITER

Randall, how many kegs do we need for you :devil:

This year don't break your toe before the match. ouch, i don't know how you did it!!

More LUCKY than good I guess...I am a bit superstitious and it turned out very well for me last year so I might have to sip on a few six packs and try it again this year and breaking the toe again too...

Edited by DrawandDuck

Not sure on the beer

PAGING MR. HEITER...PAGING MR. HEITER...PAGING MR. HEITER

Randall, how many kegs do we need for you :devil:

This year don't break your toe before the match. ouch, i don't know how you did it!!

More LUCKY than good I guess...I am a bit superstitious and it turned out very well for me last year so I might have to sip on a few six packs and try it again this year and breaking the toe again too...

I have a hammer you are all set

App mailed today

The rumors are true. We had so much fun last year we decided to build on it. There will once again be free drinks (sodas, water, and yes beer) along with five or six hundred pounds of tasty crawfish, corn, potatoes, and sausage for all competitors and guests. To "kick it up a notch", this year we've also booked a great local blues band to keep the crowd entertained while the bugs are cooking. With luck they'll play really loud so we don't all have to listen to Randall and Pat making up excuses for all the stages they tanked.

Looks like the first thing I need to do now is knock together a Power Factor Shooting table so Sean and his team can have a spot close to the cookers. Thanks for the support Sean. We look forward to seeing you in May.

John

With luck they'll play really loud so we don't all have to listen to Randall and Pat making up excuses for all the stages they tanked.

John

Better get TWO kegs as it might be a Loooong night :eatdrink: AND if you do have a stage with a "mug" start....put some damn beer in it so I won't leave it on the bar this time!!!