Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Eagle 5.0 HardChrome .40S&W

waddo29

STI Eagle 5.0 40S&W bought brand new from Dawson Precision. Gun was purchased with hard chrome finish, STI square hammer, DP fiber optic front sights and STI adjustable rears sights and a standard dust cover with a 5" bushing barrel. I had the STI magwell shaved down in order to compete in ESP division in IDPA. Change out STI magwell for DP Ice magwell and ready to compete in Limited division of USPSA. Changed out grip for Akai Custom stippled grip, had SVI Long Curved red trigger bow and insert installed, and wilson high ride ambi safety. This gun runs like a Train!

post-33391-0-79680900-1326397156_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

STI Eagle 5.0 40S&W bought brand new from Dawson Precision. Gun was purchased with hard chrome finish, STI square hammer, DP fiber optic front sights and STI adjustable rears sights and a standard dust cover with a 5" bushing barrel. I had the STI magwell shaved down in order to compete in ESP division in IDPA. Change out STI magwell for DP Ice magwell and ready to compete in Limited division of USPSA. Changed out grip for Akai Custom stippled grip, had SVI Long Curved red trigger bow and insert installed, and wilson high ride ambi safety. This gun runs like a Train!

post-33391-0-79680900-1326397156_thumb.j

Which STI magwell is that? The one that came with the gun when you bought it? Was it silver finish like that or did you do something to it? How much did you end up having to shave off?

Reason for the questions is that I'm planning on doing one of these myself...

If you buy the Dawson CRP in chrome it will come with a Dawson Ice magwell. The stock Eagle does not have a magwell. He said that it sn STI magwell. You can get them in stainless or aluminum. They will not fit in the IDPA box without some modification. There is an SVI magwell that will fit the box