Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New X Five all around

Antoine

Hello all, I just bought the Sig X Five All Around for the production division. I put almost 1000 rounds in the gun and so far so good. Got a few stoppages that hopefully will dissapear when the gun will be broken in completely. My biggest concern is the trigger pull, actually, more like the trigger reset. I know that Sig makes a SRT trigger for the 226 line of pistol and I was sondering if I can install this trigger in the All Around. Also, I would like to know how to remove the firing pin?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I believe you can install the standard SRT kit in the X5 AR. You might consider sending the gun to Gray guns to get the enhanced leverage trigger package. It takes the DA pull to a super smooth 6 lbs and is by far the best trigger you can possibly get with the X5 AR. To remove the firing pin you have to remove the roll pin on the side of the slide which can be a task.

Edited by Boosted3s

+1 to Boosted3s too if u can't ship it buy the SRT and polish and get the 17lb main spring it helps a ton. I had a Blackwater Tac 226 that had the SRT and I ordered to spring set from Gray and installed it and polished and wow a big difference

If I remember correctly, the X-Five series has a two piece safety lever, so the SRT kit for the normal P-series pistols will not work in them.

Also, I highly doubt the reset is what's killing your splits. Many shooters - Rob Leatham comes to mind - move their trigger fingers quite alot while running blazing fast splits. I'm talking like 1/2"+. If I were you I'd work on your grip and your vision before resorting to mechanical solutions.