Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA 2012 Area 6 Championship - SOLD OUT!

At the match when they announced the new venue, they also said it would likely be the same weekend in April as always. Unless otherwise mentioned, I would figure on the 4th weekend in April.

Thanks. St Augustine will be a great venue.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the match when they announced the new venue, they also said it would likely be the same weekend in April as always. Unless otherwise mentioned, I would figure on the 4th weekend in April.

Last 2 years the match has been the 3rd full weekend of April. Hope it stays the same

Last 2 years the match has been the 3rd full weekend of April. Hope it stays the same

The 3rd or 4th weekend works in 2013 but the 3rd weekend in 2014 will be Easter.weekend.

I'm curious about something. How in the WORLD!!!! were they able to make plaques at the range for all the winners with pictures of the recipients shooting the actual match? Did they have that many people running around with cameras photographing everyone? Or were they trying to make guesses as to who was likely to place and hoping it all worked out. I've seen pictures of folks with their plaques; they look great. I just can't imagine how they made it all work.

I'm curious about something. How in the WORLD!!!! were they able to make plaques at the range for all the winners with pictures of the recipients shooting the actual match? Did they have that many people running around with cameras photographing everyone? Or were they trying to make guesses as to who was likely to place and hoping it all worked out. I've seen pictures of folks with their plaques; they look great. I just can't imagine how they made it all work.

Do not forget what Manny Bragg did for a living before he was a full time shooting professional. I do not know but I assume that he was involved in this and had the machines in place to produce these highly personalized awards. He certainly raised the standard for the USPSA Nationals awards and I am glad to hear that took place in our area match as well.

Do not forget what Manny Bragg did for a living before he was a full time shooting professional. I do not know but I assume that he was involved in this and had the machines in place to produce these highly personalized awards. He certainly raised the standard for the USPSA Nationals awards and I am glad to hear that took place in our area match as well.

This was totally and completely Jay Corn's (Match Director) Idea. We had been talking about the logistics of it for many months. He had Stephan take everybodys picture on stage 1 or 2. When the winners were identified, they printed the picture and glued it on the plaque. Stephan then posted all the pics on his facebook page that I referenced above.

If you're facebook friends with Cliff Walsh, he posted his plaques on there.

Jay had tons of novel ideas like that, but was hamstrung a few times by powers that be.

I used to do the same thing in a previous sport. I would take everyone's picture on day one of the event, and have them printed ready to affix to the trophy plaques for the next day at the end of the event. It was always well received and adds a distinguishing aspect to the trophy. Glad to see this applied to this sport as well...I guess great minds do think alike :)

This was totally and completely Jay Corn's (Match Director) Idea. We had been talking about the logistics of it for many months. He had Stephan take everybodys picture on stage 1 or 2. When the winners were identified, they printed the picture and glued it on the plaque. Stephan then posted all the pics on his facebook page that I referenced above.

Jay had tons of novel ideas like that, but was hamstrung a few times by powers that be.

I applaud Jay Corn on his new idea and encourage him to keep trying on the others. The single phrase that retards growth of any organization is "But we have always done it this way".

I applaud Jay Corn on his new idea and encourage him to keep trying on the others. The single phrase that retards growth of any organization is "But we have always done it this way".

I concur

My video from the match. Ran 2nd overall in L10, hit factors spelled 9th overall in Production if I had shot that. I was totally not ready to shoot The Chic and Hillbillton Drill and it showed, whoops.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzlppZ8oMgM

Looks good man!!! Great job.

• 7 months later...

2013 & 2014 AREA 6 in ST.AUGUSTINE FL. THEY SIGNED THE CONTRACTS EARLIER THIS EVENING. ANCIENT CITY GUN CLUB.

Is there any official news on the 2013 Area 6 match? There isn't anything on the Area 6 website, or the club web site.