Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WTK Better sights for M1 super 90

Coleman

Late last year i picked up like new M1 super90 with 18 1/2" barrel. I am going to add a Briley 4" barrel extension in the future. The gun will be used for 3 gun and hunting. I am not very crazy about the ghost ring sites on the gun. I use to have a older HK M1s90 shotgun with a 24" vent rib that i loved that gun, but it got stolen. I dont want to spend the $$$ on a new barrel

The question i have is what is my options for better front and rear sight?

Thanks Coleman

I was in the same spot your in numerous years back. There is not a ton you can do if you don't like the ghost rings (which are a disadvantage for 3 gun). You can try to find a 21" or 24" barrel and remove the rear ghost ring. Outside or this the best option is to sell it/trade it. You should be able to do an even trade money wise from your M1 to an M1 with either a vent rib barrel of an 18.5" bead barrel. The vent rib guns can be hard to find but there are plenty of people in the tactical market with bead guns that wish they had a ghost ring gun, at least with a bead gun there are options. Before I found a vent rib barrel for my M1 I was going to send my bead barrel to Benny Hill so he could dove tail in a fiber optic sight. I tried to shoot a few matches with my ghost ring gun and hated it, eventually the only solution was to sell it and move on.

I put the Briley 4" extensoon on mine with a =6 Nordic tube. Then added a fiber optic replacement front sight insert. Forgot the brand but there are a bunch of replacements out there. On the ghost ring I cut the top of ring off just to the top of the two side dots. So I have ajustability if needed as the original rear sight is adjustable. For slugs I line up the front dot with the back ones. For everything else as soon as the front dot comes any where near the big U from the cut off ghost ring I fire. I have found this very fast.

Good luck...John

Rifle sights on tac bbl with chokes ... with this paint. Ghost rings are horrible and beads suck when shooting slugs or around barriers. No second guessing your shots. Screw on an extended choke if you want a longer bbl.

Testor brand model paint in the little bottles (if it is still available). ORANGE High Gloss #1127.

Greg