Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2- which model to buy?

aziator

I am going to pick up a M2 in the next few weeks and was wondering if it matters if it starts life as a field or tactical model? The only difference I see is the barrel length/sights. I don't think I want anything longer than a 21" barrel but I am also new at this and probably don't know better. I started shooting 3-gun just prior to my most recent deployment and had a great time but I want something a little more specialized than my 870. I can spend a little over $1K and have my mind pretty much decided on the M2. Thanks for your help.

There's a 26" for sale right now over on the ARFCOM EE. The buyer is asking $800 shipped. A +7 Nordic tube is just a tad longer than the barrel. This is the same set-up I just put together.

26" M2

What a deal! You could send that beast to Briley and have them do a good portion of their 3G package and you would still be coming out ahead of buying BNIB.

There is someone selling an m2 for 1100 right now on the forum.

And it has the comfortec stock. The $800 one didn't.

Looks like the $800 one is the American model? I thought those went for $800 new anyway?

Don't know.....I didn't really look into it, but I just bought a brand new M2 with the comfot Tech stock off GB for $1000 shipped.

I found my m2 with the comfortech used for 1000.00. It's a 26", and while I can see how a shorter barrel would have it's advantages, the extra length hasn't hindered me. I'd say any m2 field would work great, regardless of barrel length. YMMV

I went with the 26" American M2 --- same as an M2 without the comfortech stock. I have never felt at a disadvantage with the extra couple of inches of barrel.

On the plus side, it is several hundred less than a "standard" M2.

Take the money you saved, and use it to get a welded lifter.... (maybe send off the bolt to get lightened if you think you need it) Then, fire up the dremel and open up the port, turn on the soldering iron and stipple away... you will have an awesome gun :cheers:

There's a 26" for sale right now over on the ARFCOM EE. The buyer is asking $800 shipped. A +7 Nordic tube is just a tad longer than the barrel. This is the same set-up I just put together.

Its going for $770 shipped now. 1st buyer backed out.

Its condition is 99.8%, and a heck of a deal @ $770 shipped!

I am going to pick up a M2 in the next few weeks and was wondering if it matters if it starts life as a field or tactical model? The only difference I see is the barrel length/sights. I don't think I want anything longer than a 21" barrel but I am also new at this and probably don't know better. I started shooting 3-gun just prior to my most recent deployment and had a great time but I want something a little more specialized than my 870. I can spend a little over $1K and have my mind pretty much decided on the M2. Thanks for your help.

I'm sure you probably already know this, but the biggest difference is the tactical model comes with the ghost ring sights. The field model comes w/ the vent rib. Big difference in sight picture. Barrels for the Benelli's aren't cheap either at $300+.

Thanks for your service!