Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not recieving notifications on some watched threads

sperman

Lately I've noticed that some of the threads I'm "watching" don't send me e-mails when there are new posts, while others do. I try and select "Immediate Notification" for any of the threads I'm watching. Has anyone else experienced this?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you meant by "reset."

I would try, in this order - turn off all notifications. Then click Delete My Cookies - at the very bottom of any forum page. Quit and relaunch your web browser, then turn back on some notifications.

FYI - the only thread I watch is my Blem Deals (in my Dealer Forum) thread, and I've always received notifications from it.

Thanks Brian, I forgot about the cookies. Got to write that down. I access the forum from my phone more often than not and you don't see cookies on that little screen. Anymore, if I can't see it, there is little chance that I will remember it...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what you meant by "reset."

I would try, in this order - turn off all notifications. Then click Delete My Cookies - at the very bottom of any forum page. Quit and relaunch your web browser, then turn back on some notifications.

FYI - the only thread I watch is my Blem Deals (in my Dealer Forum) thread, and I've always received notifications from it.

This is not a knock because these forums rock, but just an FYI - I tried all of this and am still not getting notifications. Hopefully, it will resolve soon as I like that feature.

Keep up the good work!

Allen

sperman,

Since we've been on the new server, have you:

In this order: Turn off all notifications. Then click Delete My Cookies - (link at the very bottom of any forum page).

Then delete/clear your browser's cache - Quit and relaunch your web browser, then turn back on some notifications.