Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL 650 vs 1050

Got Juice?

Well you were going to buy another press anyways ... Why are we the buggers? :P

I'm branching out!

Well, the order will go in tomorrow, then it will be saving the $$$ for the bullet feeder.

More ammo to shoot is always a good thing.

I've loaded in excess of 200K rds. of both rifle and pistol on two different 650's without a kaboom;don't understand why there's a problem.

Same here, been reloading for over 30 years, never seen a primer explode... while having seen probably hundreds of them badly mangled, in every possible way.

However... it does happen to some people sometimes, so it makes sense to be aware of that very small possibility.

I've loaded in excess of 200K rds. of both rifle and pistol on two different 650's without a kaboom;don't understand why there's a problem.

Same here, been reloading for over 30 years, never seen a primer explode... while having seen probably hundreds of them badly mangled, in every possible way.

However... it does happen to some people sometimes, so it makes sense to be aware of that very small possibility.

Regarding the choice of 650 versus 1050 - just replaced one of my 650's with another 1050. Definitely not the approach for everyone, I still maintain that for most people, especially those who do change calibers on the same press, the 650 is the better overall choice.

post-21305-0-87414400-1326377889_thumb.j

Edited by Foxbat

Regarding the choice of 650 versus 1050 - just replaced one of my 650's with another 1050. Definitely not the approach for everyone, I still maintain that for most people, especially those who do change calibers on the same press, the 650 is the better overall choice.

I am so drooling over that picture.

1050 is on order now, and it will load strictly .40

The 550 will be relegated to the other calibers I load less frequently.

I am excited.

I played again on a 650. No KABOOM, and another 500 rounds loaded, but I was wearing eyes and ears, and not one issue.

Even so, I believe I made the right decision for myself.