Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitting Brazzos Front Sight...

Shadyscott999

Anyone have any experience fitting one of these? By the time I filed enough off the bottom, the base was paper thin and it would still barely start in the dovetail. I tried to tap it in, and I really mean "tap" . The the base folded like paper. I know this one is trash now.

Luckily I had a spare STI competition sight on hand. The STI sight only took 2-3 passes with the file and went right in. The package from Brazzos is marked STI/SVI. I wonder if it was maybe packaged wrong

.40-051l.gif

Sounds like you tried to put a .330x65 in a .300x60 dovetail. Should have called Bob.

I should have. It was late last night though and I was impatient. The package is marked correctly for my gun. I didn't measure the site before I started filing.

Call Bob and let him know the situation. I accidently smacked one of his front sights on a port. Told Bob what an idiot I was. Bought a new one from him. He told me to bring the broken one to him and he would replace it No Charge. Can't say he'll do it for you but he is a great person to deal with. That's one reason I purchased a new Limited gun from him.

Call Bob and let him know the situation. I accidently smacked one of his front sights on a port. Told Bob what an idiot I was. Bought a new one from him. He told me to bring the broken one to him and he would replace it No Charge. Can't say he'll do it for you but he is a great person to deal with. That's one reason I purchased a new Limited gun from him.

Good to know. I like dealing with folks like that.

I finally got a chance to call and talk with Bob, today. He told me he would send me another sight. That is outstanding customer service and wasn't expected at all. I offered to pay for another one and he wouldn't hear of it.

He doesn't know it yet, but that $39.00 gesture today, sold a custom build for him in the next couple months.

He doesn't know it yet, but that $39.00 gesture today, sold a custom build for him in the next couple months.

I got his tuned mag set with my first limited pistol way back when. We talked about the slide locking back or not and decided on the latter. Got the pistol and noticed that it would lock back with an empty mag. I was a total newb and knew next to nothing about 1911's (otherwise, I would have just modified the followers myself). I called and he had another set of grams guts on the way. I asked him if he wanted the other set back and he said to just keep them.

I'm not sure how many pistols I've ordered since then but you can't go wrong.

Sounds like you tried to put a .330x65 in a .300x60 dovetail. Should have called Bob.

I should have. It was late last night though and I was impatient. The package is marked correctly for my gun. I didn't measure the site before I started filing.

I've been there and done that! Hopefully Bob helps you out, he sounds outstanding to deal with.

I got his tuned mag set with my first limited pistol way back when. We talked about the slide locking back or not and decided on the latter. Got the pistol and noticed that it would lock back with an empty mag. I was a total newb and knew next to nothing about 1911's (otherwise, I would have just modified the followers myself). I called and he had another set of grams guts on the way. I asked him if he wanted the other set back and he said to just keep them.

I'm not sure how many pistols I've ordered since then but you can't go wrong.

That is incredible service!