Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some advice

eddieg17

I recently got a m&p 9mm. I notice I keep shooting high right. I use the thumbs forward grip I'm also left handed and left eye dominant. Its getting frustrating. Any ideas what it can be?

Not to sound amateur, but make sure you are using plenty of pressure with your right/front thumb to prevent the pistol from pushing right. Also, it might be worth your while to install new sights (if you haven't already) or drift the ones you have to match the POI. Other than that, learn the gun.

or drift the ones you have to match the POI.

I had to do that to my M&P when I was shooting it. Also, if you're using a high grain projectile, like a 147, it's going to shoot high, vs. using a 115 or 124. It may be worth changing the rear sight to an adjustable so you can get POA -POI

I was more focused on putting pressure on my left strong thumb and not the right thumb. next time at the range I'll try that out. I'm gonna look into getting new sights. I really like the 10-8 performance sights. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys

I was more focused on putting pressure on my left strong thumb and not the right thumb. next time at the range I'll try that out. I'm gonna look into getting new sights. I really like the 10-8 performance sights. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys

Dawson Precision for M&P. IMO

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try possibly letting someone else shoot it to see if it's you or the sights?

I'd do this or put it on a bench if you can. Also, if you're a lefty shooting high right, make sure your grip is as high on the gun as you can get it. I've seen one or two M&P shooters that had a gap between the web of their thumb and the beavertail of the gun. My playing around with that grip on my gun would cause the gun to rotate up during trigger pull every so slightly.