Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mags having difficulty dropping freely on new Shadow

Xander

What seems to be causing it? I'm using the 17rd AFC MecGar mags. I have not tried using the stock mags yet. Shadow is NIB, just break it in earlier with 200 rounds Armscor FMJ's, cleaned and lubricated prior to shooting, and the problem is intermittent.

Is this when you are shooting and there are a few rounds left? If so, the problem I had was only with the CZ mags weak springs. It would allow the next round to push forward and catch when dropping it. I solved it by switching to +10% wolfe springs. I've always heard the mecgars were good to go on spring strength though.

Also, take off your grips and see if your mag brake may be touching. I've seen them installed where even the flat break bends out just enough to catch occasionally.

I don't have any of the newer Mecgar mags with the AFC coating so I can't speak for those but I know many people use them with no problems.

take out the magazine release and see if the mags insert and drop out fully.

Are you loading the magazines to full capacity? They may be bulging if you shove in too many rounds.

Then take off the grips to see if that makes a difference

Then take off the slide to see if anything is binding there and you can look down between the grips and mag.

Randy

If it isn't any of the above potential issues every new mag I have used sticks at first. Now I just take any new mag and immediately put it in and out of the gun 25-50 times until the contact points on the mag have worn in. I have needed to do this for both stock and MG AFC mags.

If it isn't any of the above potential issues every new mag I have used sticks at first. Now I just take any new mag and immediately put it in and out of the gun 25-50 times until the contact points on the mag have worn in. I have needed to do this for both stock and MG AFC mags.

That's just what I did and all is OK, tnx guys :)