Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good smith in central FL?

GunshineST

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I have a Tactical that may want a trigger job and some other love someday. Not that it isn't awesome, but it could be a tad crisper. Does anyone know of any good 'smiths around central Florida? My buddy took his glock to shoot straight here in Lakeland, and they managed to screw up his sights twice in two days (front was crooked, and then after that was fixed, the rear drifted waaaaaaay out of place).

Any advice is appreciated, and for JDHunz, here is a pic of the Tactical - it IS real :P

post-36193-0-45435000-1325880813_thumb.j

I have a Tactical that may want a trigger job Does anyone know of any good 'smiths around central Florida?

GunshineST, I used Dave Pruitt (depruitt@aol.com) last year for two

STI TruBor's - he did a great job .

Don't know if he works on other types of guns - he operates out of

Volusia County, an hour north of Orlando.

Good luck,

Jack

I have a Tactical that may want a trigger job Does anyone know of any good 'smiths around central Florida?

GunshineST, I used Dave Pruitt (depruitt@aol.com) last year for two

STI TruBor's - he did a great job .

Don't know if he works on other types of guns - he operates out of

Volusia County, an hour north of Orlando.

Good luck,

Jack

+1 for Dave Pruitt he is a great guy and he does really good work. PM me if you want his number.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys rock...when I first discovered the 1911 and 2011, my buddy Joel told me the first thing I needed to do was get going on Enos forums. I think one of the first things I need to do, actually the absolute first thing, would be to have my mags tuned up. I have 5 mags and some are running better than the others, so that will be where I start.

Thanks again! I think I need to check out a match sometime soon, and it looks like there is no shortage of those down here.

Titusville on the 4th or the 11th? I've been buying in to the sport in stages, and have yet to secure a belt, mag pouches, and a holster...I guess I have a Mitch Rosen leather holster that could work though, and a good leather belt...either way, it would be cool to see a match either way. Thanks!

Titusville on the 4th or the 11th? I've been buying in to the sport in stages, and have yet to secure a belt, mag pouches, and a holster...I guess I have a Mitch Rosen leather holster that could work though, and a good leather belt...either way, it would be cool to see a match either way. Thanks!

It's on the 4th. Hmm, maybe somebody has a rig for you to use. Anyways, you can come hangout and ask questions to get a few ideas on what to buy. We also have RedDot which has belts, holsters, pouches in stock. Johnathan who owns the shop is super informative and will be able to help you make the right choices. He will most likely be at the Match too.

It's on the 4th. Hmm, maybe somebody has a rig for you to use. Anyways, you can come hangout and ask questions to get a few ideas on what to buy. We also have RedDot which has belts, holsters, pouches in stock. Johnathan who owns the shop is super informative and will be able to help you make the right choices. He will most likely be at the Match too.

Is this at the Titusville Rifle and Pistol club? Match from 9-3? I'll need to see what's going on for Saturday, but if I can make it I'll post back here. Thanks again! I love these boards...just great people! :cheers: