Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN SLP reassembly question

5-56mm

I took my bolt release and carrier out of my SLP and sent them to c-rums for him to work his majic. I took pictures of the bolt release parts to reference during reassembly. When I took everything out, all the parts just fell into my hand. I am trying to figure out where the spring with the arrow pointing to it goes. Does is go where it is positioned in the picture (1) or where the number 2 is positioned on the pic? I figured I would ask some of the experts here while I wait on the parts to come back. Thanks in advance, John.

post-18612-0-71051400-1325868993_thumb.j

It actually goes behind the release button that protrudes through the receiver. It provides tension and return pressure on the shell release lever. Turn the bolt release over and but the spring in the recess of the button.

Robert

It actually goes behind the release button that protrudes through the receiver. It provides tension and return pressure on the shell release lever. Turn the bolt release over and but the spring in the recess of the button.

Robert

And this is exactly why I asked, thanks! It no doubt would have taken me a while to figure it out.