Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mike Seeklander's DVDs

pjb45

These damn DVDs ARE addicting!

I have now set up another set of drill fire targets in my backyard to simulate the live fire drills.

I cannot wait until tomorrow to get to the range to do the live fire drills.

Edited by pjb45

I was at the range today doing the second drill in the DVD. I notice my shots were going low. After two mags of this, I decided to revert back to his first drill.

I put 10 shots into the head. I achieve a fairly good grouping with a few called flyers.

Then I went back to the second drill, my body shots were right on the money, but the head shots were a little sloppy.

The strange part was the second drill first shot was not much faster than my draw times. I notice during the drill I was pushing the gun left more than when I do my draws.

The more I watch and emulate, the more I really like these DVDs.

I wouldn't hesitate to start with number 1. I have watched #1 and there are a few "nuggets" in there that makes it worth the price. I haven't watched #2 yet but that gets into the "Macro Drills" and I am just not there yet in the program.

Edited by old506

If you start with 1, you build the correct foundation for your shooting.

Some years ago, I talked with Mike about a stage at L10 Nationals in MT. I thought I had a great run. I did, but I had a miss. He told me I trained myself to miss! I was not a happy camper to hear this comment. But as he explained, I began to realize he was right. I had soooo many training scars.

Shortly afterwards, Taran's first comments to me, we all kinds of things to fix. I have spent a lot of time getting rid of bad habits and replacing them with good ones (Mike refers to this concept)

If I had started with a better, more disciplined approach, I would be a lot farther along in my shooting. Build a solid foundation based on accuracy.

I ordered both and I am waiting them to arrival. I just can't wait to see them. Do I need book also? How about training log?

You can do the program without the DVDs, but I think it would be hard to do the program without the book. You can make your own logbook, or do like I did and use RangeLog.com to track my progress.

hey guys, I just finished taking Mike's 2 day "Your Handgun Training Program" course at my club plus he stuck around and coached all the students during our monthly USPSA match. I also have his 2 DVDs which complement his book and let me tell you ... watching those DVDs I thought I was right back in class with him again! If you can't get out to the USSA to get coaching from him or convince your local club to host his course then you need to get these DVDs! It's as close as you can get to actual live training without actually taking his course in person. I love reading books as a way to learn but nothing replaces being able to see the proper technique ... particularily over and over again until you get it right.

Mike: it's no wonder people people call you "Dr. Seeklander" ...