Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 gen 4 guide rod

RussellM

Hey guys, I bought a glock 34 gen4 about a week ago and shot my first match with it tonight and had a few issues. The guns production date is early noverber 2011 and has a lonewolf 9mm barrel, glockstore tungsten gen4 guide rod and whatever spring they include with it, challenger trigger kit with the over travel where it was when i got it. The first stage I experienced a stove pipe, the ammo is minor but about 130 pf. After the stove pipe i swapped back to the stock recoil rod and spring with no additional stovepipes although the gun felt sluggish to return to battery a few times. The other issue was after stage 3 when i went to unload and show clear the slide seem to not want to go all the way back to eject the round in the chamber, once I did and dropped the slide I could not pull the trigger back. The RO suggested that the guide rod may have slide down on the barrel. The RO also suggested a gen 3 single guide rod and 12 or 13 pound recoil spring. Just wonder what to do here.

You need to jack up your pf to 135 or more, as well as switch to a weaker recoil spring. i had similar issues before, and doing both fixed my problems. if you search for my posts + "recoil spring", you'll see the posts people submitted along those lines to help me out

Good luck

I'm fairly new to this forum, but I feel like I have some advice to give on this. I also have a G34 gen4 with a production date in November. From the research I've done (on here as well as many other forums) the limit on the standard G34 gen4 spring seems to be ~135pf. Any less and you will start having issues as you are having. An easy mod is like the poster above me said bump it up to around 135 and that will clear all issues.

Personally, I changed over to a gen3 recoil system with a 13lb recoil spring with a load that has ~130pf and have yet to have any issues. Your mileage will vary obviously but stay with it!

You need to jack up your pf to 135 or more, as well as switch to a weaker recoil spring. i had similar issues before, and doing both fixed my problems. if you search for my posts + "recoil spring", you'll see the posts people submitted along those lines to help me out

Good luck

+1, wife's is set up similarly, with a light spring still needed to have 133-135 pf or better..........if you limp wrist all bets are off

Call Billy Lester at Jager, tell him your setup, and he'll advise you on what spring weight you'll need per your setup.

I am going to order a different rod and spring tomorrow. I am thinking the jager rod and a 12lbs spring.

Thanks guys, I am going to call jager today. Oddly enough I have had zero issues with my lead practice ammo. The practice ammo is 125 grn lead rn with 4.1grn HP-38. The ammo I was shooting last night is 124 grn precision delta with 4.1 grn Titegroup, both same OAL. The precision loads definitely feel more powerful.

Let us know how it goes.

Billy's a great guy who knows his stuff and stands by his products. You should soon be good to go.

Thanks guys, I am going to call jager today. Oddly enough I have had zero issues with my lead practice ammo. The practice ammo is 125 grn lead rn with 4.1grn HP-38. The ammo I was shooting last night is 124 grn precision delta with 4.1 grn Titegroup, both same OAL. The precision loads definitely feel more powerful.

Fastarget was helpful enough to help me out with some questions before I set my 34 up to make sure it should've functioned correctly. I believe he has one of the highest round count gen4 G34's that I know of. I only have about 2400 on the entire gun, much less with the springs etc because I just changed those over within the last month.

Good luck!

Hey guys, I bought a glock 34 gen4 about a week ago and shot my first match with it tonight and had a few issues. The guns production date is early noverber 2011 and has a lonewolf 9mm barrel, glockstore tungsten gen4 guide rod and whatever spring they include with it, challenger trigger kit with the over travel where it was when i got it. The first stage I experienced a stove pipe, the ammo is minor but about 130 pf. After the stove pipe i swapped back to the stock recoil rod and spring with no additional stovepipes although the gun felt sluggish to return to battery a few times. The other issue was after stage 3 when i went to unload and show clear the slide seem to not want to go all the way back to eject the round in the chamber, once I did and dropped the slide I could not pull the trigger back. The RO suggested that the guide rod may have slide down on the barrel. The RO also suggested a gen 3 single guide rod and 12 or 13 pound recoil spring. Just wonder what to do here.

Some good feedback from the group. I run a 13lb in my 34 and runs well. From a reliable source, they say to run a 14lb in it. Either should help in addition to the other comments. Let us know how it works out.