Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 primer ski jump fix

On my 650 I use target tape around the outside edge of the ski jump to fence in the primers

it lasts a long time and holds a lot of primers, to empty I just place my hand or cup under the ramp and pull back

the tape and scrape out the primers restick the tape.

simple and cheap but I really like the container idea better.

Now I wish I saved those film canisters. No one uses film anymore.

I just looked in my fridge and found 2 rolls of Fuji. (I shoot about 3 rolls a year). The great thing about the Fuji canisters is they're translucent white so you can see how much is in there.

Don

p.s. I'm not sharing. I've got 1 for each 650. ; -)

Edited by dcmdon

• 3 months later...

Kevin, I don't think theres a ski jump on the 550, I just commented earlier that Its surprising because on the 550 the primer system doesn't advance if there is not a case present. i.e. its a better system.

But others have said thats not correct.

I run a 550 almost everyday, if there is no case present the primer will ride in the primer cup /Bar back into the primer feed stand, however will not allow another to drop on top of it due to the plastic plunger holds the next primer up in the rod and will not drop since the primer cup is full,....so you can cycle the 550 primer bar back and forth and the primer sits in the cup riding along waiting for the forward press of the handle to send it home to the case primer pocket.

I recently bought a 650 and have just set it up and not pulled a case through it yet, so all this ski jump paraphernalia has my attention, since it is a non-issue with the 550....I guess I will have to look at this ski jump refurb a little closer....thanks for the heads up....

O1