Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 owners in Kansas City?

I currently have a Hornady LnL AP with case feeder and bullet feeder. I'm happy with my LnL but am cognizant of the fact that a lot of people are happy with their Dillons as well.

Lately I've been thinking that another progressive would be useful; I'm pondering purchasing a 650 instead of another LnL in order to decide which suits me best. That's a fairly big step however and before I take it I would like to see a 650 in operation if at all possible. Are there any 650 owners in the Kansas City area who would be willing to let me take a look at their press in operation?

I'd be happy to return the favor if you're curious about the LnL or even just the bullet feeder (which I believe can be made to work with Dillon presses). If nothing else I volunteer to be a handle-pulling monkey and crank out some rounds on your press for you. :D

I'm sure there has to be users in KC area that could give you a "demo". I actually drove to Salina Kansas to see how the 650's run. Nick's Pawn shop has several 650's running that they load on daily. They shoot competitions, and load TONS of ammo with these machines. I think he had 3 set up for various calibers, and even a 1050 running. It's quite a setup.

After I experienced that, I sold my LNL-AP and RCBS Progressives...and bought a new XL-650. Just ran 1000 .45ACP's thru it...FLAWLESS! If you buy the Dillon, you will get spoiled.

I'm sure there has to be users in KC area that could give you a "demo".

I agree, but I haven't heard from any of them yet. :(

I've been mulling over the purchase of a second progressive for a while anyway, so I may just pull the trigger on an XL650 soon regardless. One thing I've noticed is that used copies don't stay for sale very long, so even if I decide against keeping it I shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer.

I'm sure there has to be users in KC area that could give you a "demo". I actually drove to Salina Kansas to see how the 650's run. Nick's Pawn shop has several 650's running that they load on daily. They shoot competitions, and load TONS of ammo with these machines. I think he had 3 set up for various calibers, and even a 1050 running. It's quite a setup.

After I experienced that, I sold my LNL-AP and RCBS Progressives...and bought a new XL-650. Just ran 1000 .45ACP's thru it...FLAWLESS! If you buy the Dillon, you will get spoiled.

Sounds like a good road trip for the day. Get a couple of buddies or the wife and map out gun shops their and back to make a fun day. I do that a couple of times a year. Oh take some extra money,never know what you'll find.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Olathe, Kansas and shoot at the Bullet Hole in Overland Park Fridays and also at Pioneer in Raytown on Tuesday nights. Lots of Dillon 650's around if you want to show up at one of these places and ask. I have one that is about thirty days old and it is great so far. I am experimenting with the Hornady bullet feeder die now. You are welcome to give me a pm and maybe we can get together. I had an older LNL with wire setup and currently sell Hornady LNL at Cabelas.

James McComas

• 3 years later...

Hey Fellas.. Are any of you close to Lees Summit and would sell me the part that advances the shell plate on a Dillon 650. I have a shoot Wednesday night and a busted press. Just called Dillon today, sat on hold for 40 minutes so they could send me a replacement. I also called CR guns and ammo on Noland but their out of parts kits. I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ty 816 922-9202