Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11 Lb Recoil Spring on 9Major G17 Open

BoyGlock

I've searched this forum for such specific concern but found none. I learned here (fr Mr. Nagel of SJC) that if the OEM slide of the 17 is lightened, it could result to peening on the upper lock-up lugs of the slide forward of the chamber area. Also he recommended 14# rec spring for 9Major but w/o reference to said possible damage. Im shooting major at 165-170 pf w/ 11# ismi recoil spring because I like how the dot tracks compared to heavier rec spring. Will this damage the gun w/ contineous/prolonged use? TIA

I've searched this forum for such specific concern but found none. I learned here (fr Mr. Nagel of SJC) that if the OEM slide of the 17 is lightened, it could result to peening on the upper lock-up lugs of the slide forward of the chamber area. Also he recommended 14# rec spring for 9Major but w/o reference to said possible damage. Im shooting major at 165-170 pf w/ 11# ismi recoil spring because I like how the dot tracks compared to heavier rec spring. Will this damage the gun w/ contineous/prolonged use? TIA

Not sure if this helps, but he runs a 9MM minor SJC build and runs a 10lb. I run a 11lb in mine. I will ask around.

Thanks foster.

Thats the basis of my apprehension but can't really be sure. My 11# in Major is 100% reliable and so is the 13%. But I track the dot better w/ the 11. In my 2011 days I sprung my Std gun w/ the lightest spring that runs reliably +1# so I assumed it the same in Glock. But I learned here that they are 2 diff animals in mechanical functions.

eta: changing spring wt in a glock is not as simple as in 19/2011 here in my side of the earth. They are not available at all, these reduced springs for gk.

Edited by BoyGlock