Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spare parts?

steel1212

What spare parts do you guys keep on hand? Typically I keep a spare gun but funds won't allow me to build up another one right now. I have the following:

TRS

Extractor spring

Hammer springs

Recoil springs

Mag release spring (was going to replace but damn its a pain and the old one went in fine :-) )

extractor

• 1 month later...

slide stop.

Which Slide Stop for a SP-01 Shadow?

Item Number: 10003

Wider Paddle Style,

Has the longer protruding knub (that hits the magazine follower for Slide lock back).

This is the original factory part for the SP01 and Shadow, but we suggest the slide stop with the shorter knub,

This 10002 one does not interfere with the nose of the bullet as the magazine is ejected.

BUT THIS POST for part # 10002 from a reviewer has me concerned …………

Slide stop does not work with Mec-Gar mags

Mike Hanrahan (Anchorage, AK) 11/24/2011 2:06 PM

I replaced my broken SP01 Shadow original slide stop with this one and found that although it works perfectly with the CZ factory mags, the 19 round Mec-Gars (with the blue follower) do not slide lock open after the last round is fired. Did not have a problem with the Mec-Gars with the old slide stop. Angus Reply (This Slide stop has a shorter nose, and if the followers have a different shaped indent for the slide stop, may not lock the slide back on the last round, they work fine on FACTORY CZ magazines. But these followers do stop the problems of the nose of the bullets hanging up on the slide stop.)

• 2 years later...

slide stop.

Which Slide Stop for a SP-01 Shadow?

Item Number: 10003

Wider Paddle Style,

Has the longer protruding knub (that hits the magazine follower for Slide lock back).

This is the original factory part for the SP01 and Shadow, but we suggest the slide stop with the shorter knub,

This 10002 one does not interfere with the nose of the bullet as the magazine is ejected.

BUT THIS POST for part # 10002 from a reviewer has me concerned …………

Slide stop does not work with Mec-Gar mags

Mike Hanrahan (Anchorage, AK) 11/24/2011 2:06 PM

I replaced my broken SP01 Shadow original slide stop with this one and found that although it works perfectly with the CZ factory mags, the 19 round Mec-Gars (with the blue follower) do not slide lock open after the last round is fired. Did not have a problem with the Mec-Gars with the old slide stop. Angus Reply (This Slide stop has a shorter nose, and if the followers have a different shaped indent for the slide stop, may not lock the slide back on the last round, they work fine on FACTORY CZ magazines. But these followers do stop the problems of the nose of the bullets hanging up on the slide stop.)

Same question here. I have a Shadow Custom built by the CZ Custom shop. When the guys take a stock Shadow and customize it, do they keep the standard slide stop that came with the Shadow or do they replace it? I want a spare and the one that came on my Shadow Custom works perfectly.

Lester

The CZC Shadow slide stops are cut down to allow for larger profile bullets like 147s to feed without activating the slide stop. The picture below is a comparison of the stock slide stop in the Shadow vs. the Shadow target setup from CZC or other places. The CZ spare parts kits come with 6 of them which I modded to match the target profile and polished to a smooth finish. I also polish the center of the pin itself just to smooth it out since its a point of metal on metal during cycling. Six is way more than I need so I have several extras that are already modified and you can PM me if you need them.

I would also reccomend having a spare magazine base pad handy. The plastic is more brittle then a Glock base pad and of you ever shoot on concrete you can crack them during a change. Especially if you are dumping a mag that still has rounds in it. I have several spares of those as well if you're interested.

CBB1506B-04BC-4624-9256-5C7F7F7998A0-107

Edited by Friction

Shadows seem like they hold up really well. Out of 2 identical pistols with 30k rounds or so between them and more dry firing than I could even guess all I have broken are a TRS and a slide stop.

My recommendation if you only have one pistol is have a "match" slide stop and a "practice" slide stop.

Edited by JP221

It broke in half right down the center of the shaft. It completely locked the gun up while shooting. I had to press the paddle towards the frame to be able to unload it. It came out in two pieces.

Now I have a pistol I only use for matches and a dedicated practice gun. If you only have one pistol I would recommend having a slide stop only for matches and a practice slide stop.

Edited by JP221