Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spending the day with my Dad

Canuck223

Tomorrow i'm driving my dad 2.5 hours to his hometown. We'll get to catch up with a bunch of family that we rarely get to see.

If the reason wasn't his brothers funeral, I'd be thinking it has the makings of a swell day.

Enjoy while you can. Also I have found since both my parents died is that if you have any questions about anything ask them now. Sometimes once they are gone nobody else knows the answers or stories. Take care.

My Dad is gone. Enjoy your 2.5 hrs. :cheers:

what he said,,me too

No matter the reason, enjoy the day. Mine is gone too but I'd enjoy a day driving him anywhere for any reason if given the chance. I'm sorry for your family's loss.

MLM

what he said,,me too

Enjoy while you can. Also I have found since both my parents died is that if you have any questions about anything ask them now. Sometimes once they are gone nobody else knows the answers or stories. Take care.

I'm sorry for your loss...

As cheesy as this sounds, I called my dad after I read your posts and we chatted for a good while :)

The only 'hate' I can see in this is the funeral for your uncle. Be happy you'll have the time with your dad. We lost ours a number of years back and although I am an adult, i miss him and I miss my Mom. Worse, my daughter will barely remember him when she is older and she never met Mom, nor mom she. Having a parent close by can lead one to a general acceptance, Mom is there, Dad is there, I can see them tomorrow or next week. Tomorrow will one day be too late.

Get him to talking about his past and your relatives. Now is the time to ask him questions. Time goes quickly, and when he is gone, it will be too late.

Edited by z40acp

In truth, it was a good day.

:cheers:

I have been trying to spend more time with my father since he turned 80. I just try to get him to talk about growing up and my grandfather mostly. Glad to hear a negative turned into a positive for you.

• 2 weeks later...

In truth, it was a good day.

Sorry you lost your uncle there. Glad to hear though that your father and you had a good day. This post got me to thinking that I only see family when there is a funeral, or a wedding. I am going to make an effort to change that this year.

JZ