Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2, Stage 2

lawboy

Here I am slogging my way through stage two at Area 2. I really enjoyed this stage because it pushed me in two areas where I need development; getting set into the correct position coming into a shooting position, and getting the reloads done quickly and efficiently when you do not have a lot of distance to cover between shooting locations.

Edited by lawboy

It is hard to determine my favorite stage at Area 2 this year. I sort of liked the stage where you needed to hold on to the handles and shoot with one hand. However, I did witness a young pup do it without holding on :unsure: . If only I were still mobile enough. Great shooting.

A2 this year was full of position sensitive stages which was pretty cool. They looked simple enough until you amped up the speed and then targets started quickly disappearing behind barrels. I really liked stage 1.

A2 this year was full of position sensitive stages which was pretty cool. They looked simple enough until you amped up the speed and then targets started quickly disappearing behind barrels. I really liked stage 1.

I agree. The stages were very technical and very unforgiving if your fundamental were lacking. I think overall, stage 10 was the toughest stage.

Shooting L10 I found Stage 8 very interesting in that you had to make a decision whether to reload on the way to the barricade to shoot the plate rack. It was 10-round stage so you did not HAVE to reload if you were confident you could go 6 of 7 on the plate rack ... I saw people do it both ways and I saw some of those who did not reload crash and burn and others who made it happen.

Edited by lawboy

I agree. The stages were very technical and very unforgiving if your fundamental were lacking. I think overall, stage 10 was the toughest stage.

Shooting L10 I found Stage 8 very interesting in that you had to make a decision whether to reload on the way to the barricade to shoot the plate rack. It was 10-round stage so you did not HAVE to reload if you were confident you could go 6 of 7 on the plate rack ... I saw people do it both ways and I saw some of those who did not reload crash and burn and others who made it happen.

10-4 on all this!

I had trouble with the steel the entire first day. Missing high right all day. Angus hooked me up with a taller front sight. Then got back to the hotel and realized my rear sight was pushed all the way right, DOH!

I reloaded on stage 8. Had to aim at the cross bar to hit the plates, just terrible.

Stage 10 just had no real flow. Very choppy stage. I agree.

Great match, just not for me, lol.

Edited by facelessman

10-4 on all this!

I had trouble with the steel the entire first day. Missing high right all day. Angus hooked me up with a taller front sight. Then got back to the hotel and realized my rear sight was pushed all the way right, DOH!

I reloaded on stage 8. Had to aim at the cross bar to hit the plates, just terrible.

Facelessman, your video looks like you had a pretty good match. I am impressed with how you use your height to good advantage. It is easy to think the shorter guys have an advantage with speedy movement into and out of positions but you demonstrated very good use of your size.

I've added my run on stage 8 in this post. I have watched a lot of videos of people shooting this stage and continue to be amazed at how many different approaches I have seen taken on this 10-round stage.

Edited by lawboy

10-4 on all this!

Facelessman, your video looks like you had a pretty good match. I am impressed with how you use your height to good advantage. It is easy to think the shorter guys have an advantage with speedy movement into and out of positions but you demonstrated very good use of your size.

I've added my run on stage 8 in this post. I have watched a lot of videos of people shooting this stage and continue to be amazed at how many different approaches I have seen taken on this 10-round stage.