Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 with Dawsons Charger

BOOST

Got a G17 with MMC adj. rear and a Dawson .160 h x .145 w FO front . Im changing it to the Charger fixed rear .125 notch . Recomended is the .205 h for the front. i like the Hybrid point of aim versus center or 6'oclock. Anyone using the .195 front ? What is the impact for the G17 with the .205?

Factory barrel:

124 MG CMJ

4.2 N320

1.130 oal

Fed Sp

KKM barrel:

145 RN cast

3.3 W231

Fed SP

124 Lee cast

3.8 W231

1.080 oal

Fed Sp

Havent been adjusting sights when swapping loads and barrels. Impacts pretty close if not the same.

I'm using the .195 front on a G17.

Impact is about 2" high of POA at 25 yards running 124 gr MG JHP at 1,100 fps.

I'm going to try a .205 front (in the mail), and I imagine it will bring the POI down to near the top of the front blade.

Edited by mizer67

I'm going to try a .205 front (in the mail), and I imagine it will bring the POI down to near the top of the front blade.

Are you using the fixed rear Dawson Charger? If so then the impact your getting is what i want( using the .195 front )

i like the Hybrid point of aim versus center or 6'oclock.

What is a hybrid point of aim? I have never heard that term before.

Lower than POA/POI but higher than the 6'oclock (sorry,had to give it some kind of name) . I tried them both .But really like the "in between" :devil:.

Are you using the fixed rear Dawson Charger? If so then the impact your getting is what i want( using the .195 front )

Yes, I have the fixed rear Dawson Charger (with the .145" width) to get the current 2" high at 25 yard POI.

Yes, I have the fixed rear Dawson Charger (with the .145" width) to get the current 2" high at 25 yard POI.

OK Thanks ! I'm going for the .125 notch rear and the .125 wide front.

i like the Hybrid point of aim versus center or 6'oclock.

What is a hybrid point of aim? I have never heard that term before.

Lower than POA/POI but higher than the 6'oclock (sorry,had to give it some kind of name) . I tried them both .But really like the "in between" :devil:.

Some people call that "The Flat Tire Hold"