Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The new guy from Houston

BigBaker

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and looking to get as much info & help as possible for competitive shooting. I have never done anything like USPSA or IDPA and it sounds amazing. I've always had a passion for shooting (even though I'm not the best at it) so this sport sounds right up my alley.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself & find out if anyone had some info on how I can get plugged into the practical shooting scene in my area (Houston, Richmond, Katy, Sugar Land).

Welcome to the forums, lots of info here on competition shooting, just type what you are interested in in the search bar. Most likely its been asked, if not just ask people here are more then willing to share info. Good luck and again welcome to the forums..

Lots of places to shoot in the area.

whidpa.com - IDPA (monaville)

tts-idap.com - IDPA (conroe)

texassouthsection.com - USPSA (all around houston)

There are a couple more also. We (WHIDPA) are shooting tonight as well as Thunder, we both shoot every wednesday night.

Lots of places to shoot in the area.

whidpa.com - IDPA (monaville)

tts-idap.com - IDPA (conroe)

texassouthsection.com - USPSA (all around houston)

There are a couple more also. We (WHIDPA) are shooting tonight as well as Thunder, we both shoot every wednesday night.

If you don't mind me asking....what time and place do y'all shoot at? Do you mind shooting with beginners or should I get fimiliar with the sport first?

WHIDPA shoots every wednesday and the first saturday of the month. This saturday is our weekly match. Every one that shoots started as a beginner, all we ask is that you are safe, help tape and reset the targets and have a good time.

go to www.whidpa.com for all the info on times and you can look at the map to see where we shoot.