Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MidwayUSA & NRA Bianchi Cup

NRAActionPistol

ShootingUSA coverage will be on the Outdoor Channel tonight, tune in to see all the coverage of last year's championship.

http://www.shootingusa.com/TV_SCHEDU...how_30-16.html

Eastern Time: 3:00 PM, 8:00 PM, 12:00 Midnight

Central Time: 2:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 11:00 PM

Mountain Time: 1:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 10:00 PM

Pacific Time: 12:00 Noon, 5:00 PM, 9:00 PM

The online entry is up and running, if you want to come and compete with the best pistol competitors in the world sign up early.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nm_actionshooting.asp

NRA Pistol Dept.

Love the updates but can we just get replies to the original post and not a dozen posts with the same title?

Mods, where are you???

Really? We are continually amazed from this office at the total disregard for others who ask for information.

We welcome suggestions for positive change that affects all the shooting sports, not personal suggestions that apply to one person or a few.

If the Moderators of this Forum wish for us to stop posting on here, I would hope they would contact us.

NRA Pistol Dept

I don't think that is what he was asking for at all from the Mods. Not for them to stop you from posting, but to fix the thread titles for what you do post. I know I've tried to contact you at least three times with this specific request. Twice via PM and then following the last message about how you don't follow this forum, I sent an email to the address you listed. Never heard back, but like all my other emails I send to NRA I didn't expect or need a reply, just wanted you to have the info.

I think what the poster is getting at, in case none of the other messages got through is when you title everything, 2012 or 2011 in this case Midway USA/NRA Bianchi Cup, and then in the line below that write what your are getting at (Shooting USA in this case) those of us reading on mobile devices like Iphones, can't see the second half so we open up each thread not realizing it's the same stuff we already read. It also makes it very difficult to locate information you have already posted.

I would suggest, and you can take it or leave it. Post your title threads in reverse, Shooting USA as the main title and then below the competition and year. At least on this board you are posting in the subforum for the NRA Bianchi Cup. We'll figure out it's for Bianchi just by it being here and from you.

Personally I was happy to watch the rerun of Shooting USA.

If the Moderators of this Forum wish for us to stop posting on here, I would hope they would contact us.

NRA Pistol Dept

I would like you to title your threads better (more clearly). It might take a bit more time than a cut and paste, but it would likely be in your best interest...as it better communicates your message with the audience here.

And, if you threads are about the same topic (in this case this year's Cup), then keeping all that info in one original thread is the way to go.

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

Brian Enos Forum,

In an on-going to effort to promote the shooting sports to the people that shoot and run matches we have added information to this forum in a clear & concise manner at the request of other members of this sight since 2007.

As of this date we respectfully resign our membership. Any further questions or concerns involving the NRA pistol Department can to addressed directly to the NRA.

Good luck & safe shooting.

NRA Pistol Dept.

Brian Enos Forum,

In an on-going to effort to promote the shooting sports to the people that shoot and run matches we have added information to this forum in a clear & concise manner at the request of other members of this sight since 2007.

As of this date we respectfully resign our membership. Any further questions or concerns involving the NRA pistol Department can to addressed directly to the NRA.

Good luck & safe shooting.

NRA Pistol Dept.

Wow...this was the place I got my information and I liked the updates. Is your skin seriously that thin? Unbelievable!

Moplans it is to bad that your post has caused us all to suffer. Everyone needs to warch the tone they use when posting. The NRA copitition Division was doing us a favor keeping us posted on events, now that is gone and we can only blame ourselves!

Moplans it is to bad that your post has caused us all to suffer. Everyone needs to warch the tone they use when posting. The NRA copitition Division was doing us a favor keeping us posted on events, now that is gone and we can only blame ourselves!

I guess I would agree with you if the NRA Pistol Department was staffed with 5 year olds, but since they must be adults...I would appreciate it if they acted like it. It reminds me of a child that takes his basketball and goes home when someone hurt his feelings.

So you think the moderator was out of line? Bear in mind my posts were made after the NRA Pistol Department decided to leave this forum. I just don't understand the offense that the other posters made prior and I refuse to blame them.

I must have missed something. I thought I was very cordial in my post. It was a simple offer of advice on how the NRA could more effectively communicate information on this forum. I know I spend a lot of time reading this on my Iphone. It's difficult when the subheadings don't show up to know what's new and what isn't. Seems like a relatively simple request to make. I honestly don't know what the offense was. I'm not sure what, if anything Mpolans second post was, it was edited before I saw it. I guess if he was calling the NRA naughty names I can see them taking offense. I don't think he was out of line, (although the tone may not have been conveyed well) to ask that the NRA folks follow the same posting guidlines as in every other forum on this site. It wasn't even a requirement, it was a simple request.

I've got a meeting with my gun club BOD next month because they want to eliminate the NRA AP program I've been trying to get off the ground for two years. I sent the NRA a PM, then an Email to the address they requested. No response. Really makes me not want to waste my time going to the meeting next month and just let them ban one of the few West Coast AP programs.

Your post was fine Chuck. It was simple suggestions. There are 3 threads just on the first page of the BC forum with the same title. A little housekeeping was not to much to ask of NRAAP by the Mods.

No one asked NRAAP to stop posting. Its to bad they chose that instead of a slight change in posting.

I guess it's about time I put my 2 cents worth in.

I did not see mpolans deleted post either. Knowing that he has numerous times posted on here with his bad attitude that he has with NRA, I can only imagine what it was about. Mpolans has not shot an AP match in atleast 4 years to my knowledge and when he did, he ticked off everyone that was there. He always has something to complain about. NRA knows this and they have no patience for someone who is just a thorn in their backside and does not support the sport.

The thing that everyone has to understand is that, for the staff at NRA, this is their job and not their hobby. As a former member of the committee, I can tell you that they are short staffed, overworked and under paid. I would not want to put up with what they have to.

Chuck,

Your club needs to decide which avenue they want to take. Are they a shooting club that is about the money or about the shooting. As long as they aren't loosing money then what's the problem? AP programs take a while to get started and grow. I'm sure they didn't buy a Mover and the plate rack is already used for something else. Some targets and stands is all it takes.