Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp-tac Belt Fed Mag Pouch legal in SS

DougBarnes101

I tried looking for this using the search function but had no luck. I am looking for a little new gear for 2012 but have heard that the belt fed mag pouch may be illegal or going to be made illegal. Has anyone else heard this. Thanks for the help.

Doug

I tried looking for this using the search function but had no luck. I am looking for a little new gear for 2012 but have heard that the belt fed mag pouch may be illegal or going to be made illegal. Has anyone else heard this. Thanks for the help.

Doug

If that is the box fed unit, it will be illegal in 2013.

Doug

The belt feed is four individual mag pouches bolted together in a staggered configuration, so that the four pouches occupy the real estate of ~ 3 pouches....

I can't think of a reason why that wouldn't be legal, if it meets the distance criteria -- and that should be easy considering how slim SS mags are....

Doug

The belt feed is four individual mag pouches bolted together in a staggered configuration, so that the four pouches occupy the real estate of ~ 3 pouches....

I can't think of a reason why that wouldn't be legal, if it meets the distance criteria -- and that should be easy considering how slim SS mags are....

Yep the words "belt feed" made me question it.

Gary

Doug

Gary

I know you old guys have trouble keeping up with all the latest gadgets on the market...... :D :D

Now Gordon Davis pouches or Ernie Hill leather -- those you'd probably remember...... :devil: :devil:

Doug

Gary

I know you old guys have trouble keeping up with all the latest gadgets on the market...... :D :D

Now Gordon Davis pouches or Ernie Hill leather -- those you'd probably remember...... :devil: :devil:

What do you mean remember? I still have some :roflol:

Edited by Gary Stevens

Doug

Gary

Thanks everyone for the help. Looks like there is a new mag pouch in my future.

Doug

Doug

Gary

I'd try before you buy if you can. I bought one for M&P mags for production and sent it back for 4 singles. I couldn't consistently grab the 3rd mag without knocking out the 4th one. It may be different with single stack mags or for you, but I'd try if you can. At least Comp-Tac has a good return policy.

I'm also looking for information on this model. My son and I are both going to start shooting IDPA and USPSA this year. We have a G34 that, for now, we will share. I have a Comp Tac holster and 4 single mag pouches already.

My thought was to by this Comp Tac belt fed model and one more holster so we are both outfitted for USPSA. Figuring one of us wears the 4 single stacks and one wears the belt fed model. For IDPA we will just each use 2 single stacks.

Does this make sense? Or should we get 4 more single stacks?

I think it really depends on your preferences. If you already shoot IDPA and are used to grabbing mags up close to your body, going with the singles would probably make sense. If you adapt to different gear easily, easier access to magazines that the belt-fed provides maybe useful to you. Others also pick their gear as a fashion statement over utility.

When I started this sport, I had a small waist, as so the belt-fed made sense for me to maximize what little belt space I had available. With the growing waist line now, I've grown the extra 4 inches that the belt-fed saved me. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. :lol:

As Skydiver pointed out it saves some space on the belt. 3 gun is something I would love to try after participating in IDPA and USPSA pistol matches and from what I see belt space can be a premium. Especially a beginner like myself needing a little more ammo than the rest.