Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli's and xrails

Smokin

I have a ported 27" Benelli M1 with a lightened bolt for my open gun. Currently I am running the Arredondo speed chute and tecloaders. I have been considering adding an Xrail, but have heard that this causes problems with the Benelli's. Is this truly an issue across the board? Also, would adding a Sure Cycle mainspring help.

I had the same thoughts when I started thinking about moving to Open, but since two out of the three Benellis I've owned got finicky by just putting a side saddle on them, I decided I had the odds against me...

Well it runs like a sewing machine with the ported 27" barrel, lightened bolt, and arredondo chute. Thats a whole lot different than 3 lbs of mass cantilevered off the end. Someone here has got to know

Just talked to Benny Hill about running an X Rail on my Benelli. He suspected that I would be on the "fringe" of it not cycling reliably, especially with my ported barrel. He suggested that I transition to a gas operated gun ilke a Mossberg or a Remington Versa Max if my intention was to use an XRail then its like starting all over. Starting from scratch, I'd have to consider ditching the tube platform and buying a R&R Saiga or a Firebird Akdal. For now, Im leaving well enough alone.