Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skimmer Trigger

9X23Guy

Has anyone tried these out yet? It's basically a foward set sear and trigger similar to what Apex is doing for the M&P. It's endorsed by Travis Haley (former Magpul Dynamics) and is now running his own business Haley Strategic Partners. It's not intended as a competition trigger, 4.5 - 5lbs. Cuts out a lot of the pre and over travel.

http://haleystrategic.com/store/hardgoods.php

Amazing there is so little info here about it. Possibly there is a thread already dedicated to it elsewhere on the forum.

I have read threads on this trigger on calguns, lightfighter, and m4carbine. Possibly a word search on this forum.

I'm surprised. I shoot an M&P Pro and am switching over to a foward set sear and trigger but I'm swapping spring to get down to about 3lbs. This will hopefully make a 1911 "like" trigger pull. This is a huge step foward for striker fired guns. With very little over and pre travel these guns could nearly become the best of all worlds, at least for the price.

Edited by 9X23Guy

Has anyone tried these out yet? It's basically a foward set sear and trigger similar to what Apex is doing for the M&P. It's endorsed by Travis Haley (former Magpul Dynamics) and is now running his own business Haley Strategic Partners. It's not intended as a competition trigger, 4.5 - 5lbs. Cuts out a lot of the pre and over travel.

http://haleystrategic.com/store/hardgoods.php

The Skimmer does not have a forward set sear like the Apex kit. The Skimmer has the pre-travel removed so that there is very little take-up.

In a striker fired gun, to take out the pretravel, its done on the sear. Foward set doesn't mean its displaced in the gun. It means the face if the sear is changed to make the trigger break sooner. Same concept as the M&P. All striker fired guns work essentially the same.

In a striker fired gun, to take out the pretravel, its done on the sear. Foward set doesn't mean its displaced in the gun. It means the face if the sear is changed to make the trigger break sooner. Same concept as the M&P. All striker fired guns work essentially the same.

Actually...the sear that comes with the FSS is longer on the FRONT to engage the trigger bar earlier.

There is also no sear in a Glock.