Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a part

GrumpyOne

I've got a couple of the old SA P9's laying around, one with a dot, one without, both comped from the factory, both in 40 S&W. I'm mulling over the idea of turning one of them into an L-10 gun (L-10 cause finding mags for them that hold more than 12 rounds is difficult). But to do this, I want to fit a new barrel to the one with no dot....Yeah, yeah, yeah....I could unscrew the comp and cut the barrel off, but then I'd need a new threaded barrel if I ever wanted to put it back....So, where do I find a barrel for this dinosaur?

Any ideas?

Maybe you should sell them both and get a CZ or EAA/(Tanfoglio or whatever Henning is selling) to do what you want? I know this isn't the answer you want but it may be the answer you need. If not; carry on. Best of luck in the parts hunt.

-ld

I thought the old P9 was made by the same company that makes the Tanfoglio. Are you sure a Tanfo barrel wont work?

The P9's were made by Tanfoglio. Check with them for a barrel.

That, my friend, is an excellent suggestion. Kinda strange, it's a Springfield, made by Tanfoglio, with CZ safeties....The original safeties broke years ago and I put CZ safeties on both of mine....I wonder if a CZ barrel would fit? I'll have to get some measurments....

I thought the old P9 was made by the same company that makes the Tanfoglio. Are you sure a Tanfo barrel wont work?

The P9's were made by Tanfoglio. Check with them for a barrel.

That, my friend, is an excellent suggestion. Kinda strange, it's a Springfield, made by Tanfoglio, with CZ safeties....The original safeties broke years ago and I put CZ safeties on both of mine....I wonder if a CZ barrel would fit? I'll have to get some measurments....

The old CZ barrels were slightly different than the Tanfoglio's. I think (it's been a long time since I've played with them) the CZ had kind of a hood on it. Otherwise it would work. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, it's been 20 years at least since I built any of them. :wacko:

I think you could fit a large frame 40sw tanfoglio barrel. I believe the large and small frame guns are the same size at the chamber end but the barrel diamiter is smaller on the small frame guns. So if you have a cone comp in it now you would need to add a coned sleave to the barrel anyway, and if not it would be no big deal to turn down the larger barrel to fit. I know on my old P9 open gun the barrel that was used to make it was larger in dia than the regular small frame barrel so no I need to have a new comp made when I put the new 9mm small frame barrel.

Mike