Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production division

GrumpyOne

Is it, or would it be legal, to add a spacer in the bottom of the mag, to limit the amount of rounds able to be loaded into the mag (or to compress the spring a bit to improve feed reliability)? Specifically talking about Shadow SP01 mags and their notoriously weak springs.

I personally use a 16rd mag but will fill it only up to 10, all OEM. To add a block, I dont see a reason why not legal. But easier to use a +10% spring if need to. But some say +10% spring has its issues.

Is it, or would it be legal, to add a spacer in the bottom of the mag, to limit the amount of rounds able to be loaded into the mag (or to compress the spring a bit to improve feed reliability)? Specifically talking about Shadow SP01 mags and their notoriously weak springs.

Yes, but keep in mind that if the gun is weighed, it will be with a mag inserted. 2 oz over weight is the limit....

It's got really nothing to do with limiting the amount, more than anything it's to compress the springs....Been reading that even with the 10% extra power springs, there still can be issues....

Besides....I never mentioned WHAT amount I wanted to limit the mags to..... <_<

Are there any springs above the 10%? Maybe meant for another mag, but will work?

Edit to add: If I'd have wanted Smart A$$ remarks, I'd have asked my wife! :roflol::ph34r:

Edited by GrumpyOne

FWIW.

I use +10% springs with no issues.

I use what ever came in the things and on steel match days I load them to 18 , I have some 16's as well and a couple of 10 rounders I never use. My theory is if it isn't broke don't fix it. I have a pack of new springs just in case but till it upchucks it just gets regualar old desanding and demudding after thaking a hit on the ground.

The gun had about 5k rounds on it when I got it and I've put another 5 or 6k on it, but it still refuses to FTF, I know someday it will upchuck till then I just keep cleaning it and feeding it good ammo!

It is probably my own fault since I don't use the same mag every time I just rotate all 5, and when the match is over I unload and clean them, another mistake, leave them loaded and it will weaken the spring faster.