Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost of shipping

Steve J

You can get a FFL to ship it USPS for a very reasonable price. I try to cultivate a few good friends at gunshops and pawn shops who do the USPS shipping for free. I pay for the postage, box it up, and carry it to the post office. Also I normally ship UPS second day air for 25-30 bucks give or take a bit.

UPS has a Next-Day-Air-Saver that guarantees delivery by 3:00 pm instead of the normal 10:00 am. Saves a few bucks, and still complies with their reg's. I shipped a gun from Ohio to Jax, FL for $75, and another one from Ohio to El Paso, TX that cost $79.

(wonder if I could ship myself to FLA for $75....) :)

UPS has a Next-Day-Air-Saver that guarantees delivery by 3:00 pm instead of the normal 10:00 am. Saves a few bucks, and still complies with their reg's. I shipped a gun from Ohio to Jax, FL for $75, and another one from Ohio to El Paso, TX that cost $79.

(wonder if I could ship myself to FLA for $75....) :)

Yeah, saver is cool if they offer it. When my SIG was going to gray guns UPS didnt offer saver to their location from Toledo.

UPS allows you to ship non-operational parts (uppers, lowers) via standard service. If you are using a small enough shop that you can rely on them to mate them upon receipt, you can send two packages using a cheaper class of service.

My understanding has always been that the frame is considered a gun, and requires the same shipping as an assembled gun. Am I wrong?